connection issues

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Where would I be without my Microsoft Systems Engineer Son- In- Law !
Plagued with problems Logging on to this site (only) There was some Soft ware that had attached its self to both my wife's and my Computer, which he could not get rid of. It is still there but he accessed our down loads etc by another path, leaving the original in place in case something else crops up . So far so good.
I often wonder how mere mortals cope with the intricacies of these modern Marvels.

260ebenz

Master
Have also had issues being able to view the Forum.

Sometimes there is a 'page can not be displayed', message.

Then after refreshing the page quite a few times then I can view the Forum.

Quite strange but eventually the Forum works.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
These were my issues also. But eventually I could not log on at all.

Wonderful the works of the wheel barrow!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes Brian, I sense that you are right. T.K. was the only Site in all my Favourites that would not open. It was not a "Favourites Path " issue, as even typing the address directly into Google direct did not work. I'm surprised that there has not been more Members with issues ???????????
Sean

Styria

The Godfather
Hi fellows, I hear your messages loud and clear, alas at this stage I am certainly at a loss in finding an explanation. From a personal viewpoint, everything has worked promptly and beautifully and that's all I have to go on. Admin. at one stage was made aware of BenzBoy's issues, and not having heard any further from that source, I can only assume that matters have returned to normal.

May everyone also rest assured that there are no financial issues with any organization that has an involvement with the operation of TK. So, I'll just say at this stage ' just hang on in". Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi fellows, I hear your messages loud and clear, alas at this stage I am certainly at a loss in finding an explanation. From a personal viewpoint, everything has worked promptly and beautifully and that's all I have to go on. Admin. at one stage was made aware of BenzBoy's issues, and not having heard any further from that source, I can only assume that matters have returned to normal.

May everyone also rest assured that there are no financial issues with any organization that has an involvement with the operation of TK. So, I'll just say at this stage ' just hang on in". Regards Styria
No - matters have not returned to normal. BB explained he can see the problem I am experiencing but as yet he is not quite sure of the fix .... meanwhile he will continue to research and repair when possible.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hopefully soon the other forum was doing similar for over 12 months. Turned out it was site certificate had expired. :(

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I'm with the Godfather.

I log on at home, at work, on my iPad, on my iPhone and have absolutely NO PROBLEMO :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Styria

The Godfather
Hopefully soon the other forum was doing similar for over 12 months. Turned out it was site certificate had expired. :(

Geoff, let me assure you that there are no outstanding or incomplete issues pertaining to ANY organization providing a service to TK. Nothing outstanding, nothing unpaid, nothing uncertified. It would appear that Admin is now involved, and I shall await further advice. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Michel, your success does not necessirly equate to other peoples problems.
May I guess that you are connected through Optus ???
My son in Law logged on instantly, via his I Pad, connected through Optus, whilst he was attempting to sort my connection through Telstra.
So are we comparing Apples with Apples here ??

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel, your success does not necessirly equate to other peoples problems.
May I guess that you are connected through Optus ???
My son in Law logged on instantly, via his I Pad, connected through Optus, whilst he was attempting to sort my connection through Telstra.
So are we comparing Apples with Apples here ??

You are right Sean, I am connecting through Optus.
However, the internet should be the same unless you are having connection problems with all sites through Telstra.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
You are right Sean, I am connecting through Optus.
However, the internet should be the same unless you are having connection problems with all sites through Telstra.
Not quite - for some reasom TK and Telstra (Bigpond) do have a compatibility issue....
I have to leave that one to the experts to eplain.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Topklasse is only site I am having problems with. :(

Styria

The Godfather
Like Michel, I am also with Optus and again to repeat, my system is trouble free. Regards Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
By my limited understanding the website is a software package installed on a host computer (server) that is connected to the web (a huge network with similar architecture to a much smaller LAN, (local area network)) and assigned an IP address, when you try and log in to TK your computer knocks on many doors until it finds TK, that server then accesses another server which has the forum database file saved on it.
As all service providers simply provide a conduit to the net which allows us to access the server on which TK is held a problem with Telstra only does not make sense as all other providers rent Telstra's copper wires that the majority of us use to access the net via ADSL.
As I said my knowledge is very limited and I'm more that happy for -bb- to contradict this, as, given others experience and advice, Telstra is the issue.
I'm hoping the experts weigh in on this
To reiterate I've had no problems but do not dispute others have

BenzBoy

Grand Master
"providers rent Telstra's copper wires that the majority of us use to access the net via ADSL."
I think it may be a little more complex but I do not claim to understand. Suffice to say that I can logon maybe half the times I try - and then I need to refresh the page up to 15 or 20 times before it works...
Telstra simply advises me that TK is not optimised for the Telstra software - I am now out of my depth of understanding so over to BB as the expert...
Regards,
Brian

abl567

Super Moderator
I expect it has to do with the version of the vBulletin TK is using then, I'm sure -bb- will confirm or deny that, we all owe him a debt of gratitude for volunteering his time and expertise.

Last edited: