C114 and C123 production numbers

More threads by c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I recently did some research into the production numbers on these cars that set the scene for many cars including the later model CLK, E class coupe and more.

gurrier

Connoisseur
Very interesting article. I once owned a 1998 CLK (W208) which as you will be aware did not have the desirable pillarless design.
Significantly the pillarless design returned for the subsequent W209. Presumably the Marketing People got it wrong when they produced
the W208 without the pillarless configuration. They did leave the door on the W208 without metal surrounding the window glass-I always thought
it strange that they - in a way made it 'half' pillarless - with just a narrow - I suppose what would be called the B post, separating the
back window from the front.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Very interesting article. I once owned a 1998 CLK (W208) which as you will be aware did not have the desirable pillarless design.
Significantly the pillarless design returned for the subsequent W209. Presumably the Marketing People got it wrong when they produced
the W208 without the pillarless configuration. They did leave the door on the W208 without metal surrounding the window glass-I always thought
it strange that they - in a way made it 'half' pillarless - with just a narrow - I suppose what would be called the B post, separating the
I agree with you on the beautiful pillarless design on the C209, but I believe the C208 is a better looking car overall.
IMG_6857-1.jpgPity it is not a full pillarless design.

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I know it cost them at least one sale.
My dad was interested in a new C208, but when he drove the car, and saw that design choice, he waited a couple of years and bought a C209 CLK320.
I drove the C209 he owned and it was a nice car. Was in a really brilliant blue colour that doesn't seem like it was very popular as I never see it. Looked great on the car though. He wanted one of the SLK colours originally but when Mercedes told him how expensive it was to chose a colour from another model he forgot about that idea.

The thing I didn't like about the car was how high the window line was.