c123 vs Bentley

More threads by Des

G

GreaseMonkey

Well if there is contact, the Bentley is at fault, he has just crossed a STOP line, and is hopefully stationary and letting the Merc go. Or maybe the Bentley driver is just admiring the Merc and thinking "I could have saved a million AND bought more CLASS with one of those".
Chris

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I see it as two German Cars rubbing noses...that Flying Spur has the new 6 lite motor rather than the old 6.75 litre one so in reality it's just a fancy VW. :eek: Now if it were the twin turbo Arnage it would be a different story. :D
Regards,
BenzBoy

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Des, hardly a fair comparison to put these two cars side by side, or to perhaps compare them. In the looks department, at the angle from which this picture was taken, the 123 Coupe does hold up very well. Then again, in my view, it has always been one of the prettiest 2 - doors that MB have produced. Mind you, and no offence to any owner, it is more of a Ladies Car. It is, isn't it ?

On the other hand, the Bentley - BenzBoy obviously knows the model well. When you say it is fitted with a 6 litre engine, do you know its source of manufacture and, dare I ask, any reason why its relation to VW could be considered detrimental to its image ? VW and Audi, in looks any way, are producing some quite stunning cars, and Audi in particular, are really biting into Mercedes sales in Austria and Germany. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi Des, hardly a fair comparison to put these two cars side by side, or to perhaps compare them. In the looks department, at the angle from which this picture was taken, the 123 Coupe does hold up very well. Then again, in my view, it has always been one of the prettiest 2 - doors that MB have produced. Mind you, and no offence to any owner, it is more of a Ladies Car. It is, isn't it ?

On the other hand, the Bentley - BenzBoy obviously knows the model well. When you say it is fitted with a 6 litre engine, do you know its source of manufacture and, dare I ask, any reason why its relation to VW could be considered detrimental to its image ? VW and Audi, in looks any way, are producing some quite stunning cars, and Audi in particular, are really biting into Mercedes sales in Austria and Germany. Regards Styria
It's a VAG engine in this model Styria. The original engine designed fir the Cloud 3/S3 series is still in the Arnage which is about to finish its model run.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Even the Arnage's design is coming to an end.....:eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Just fancied digging up an old post - the new system allows one to do it. We never had that before !

Anyway, does anyone know which Volkswagen engine it is and is there any particular VW model that is fitted with that engine ? Touareg ? Is it a W12 - doesn't that look like aircraft ?

I believe Audi have just killed off the Diesel powered V10 Sports Car - at least, I think thats what I read in Winding Road. Regards Styria

Last edited: