1947 Bentley MarkVI Figoni Et Falaschi

More threads by motec 6.9

BenzBoy

Grand Master
It's very smart but oh dear - the regulator box cover has been painted rather than left in its original Bakerlite. That would cost 3 penalty points at an RROCA Concours, even if it did win at Pebble Beach.
The gloss level on the air cleaner is 100% and it should be 25%.
Despite this I would be happy to own it and use it for trips to Bunnings... :D
Regards,
Brian
OOPS - just noticed that the coach work screws aren't headed up and there is rust in the slots. Hmmm - if judging this I would only give it Silver.

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Its Pebble beach was 24 years ago. But to be perfect it needs this to happen. The car was ordered in dark grey with a blue leather interior and a “French”-style number plate for its Monaco registration, which was MC 276

Styria

The Godfather
It is an absolutely beautiful car in most respects. I am surprised at the valuation put on the car - it should be higher, but then again who am I to suddenly become an expert at appraising the value of Classic Cars. Benz Boy has criticised various aspects, and I'll add one more, and that refers to the upholstery. The quality of finish of the pleats on the front seats is abysmal - no better than the standard attained by a second year apprentice. I also do find some issue with the colouring of the carpet binding. Otherwise, yes I'll have it. Regards. Styria

NTB. The summary of the car's history is worth the thread on its own, and the pictures do the rest.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Yes Styria - I looked at the pleats and at the area where the backrest meets the seat base and thought to myself that I should not go further with my criticism. I do expect a car like that to be as close to perfect as possible ...
Regards,
Brian

Styria

The Godfather
Yes Styria - I looked at the pleats and at the area where the backrest meets the seat base and thought to myself that I should not go further with my criticism. I do expect a car like that to be as close to perfect as possible ...
Regards,
Brian

...yes, even at the lowly money quoted by the auction house. If it was an 'old' restoration, one could perhaps be a bit more forgiving - but it was only done two years ago !

BenzBoy

Grand Master
...yes, even at the lowly money quoted by the auction house. If it was an 'old' restoration, one could perhaps be a bit more forgiving - but it was only done two years ago !

There is no denying it is a very smart car and I can't comment on the restorer other than to say that the firm is not one of the more usual that is used by R-R and B owners. If shown in Australia or the UK at Club level it would be heavily penalised for incorrect trim and restoration - and I suspect the same would happen in the USA where Club members know what is correct and what is not. However, I should stop because I am starting to sound like a grumbly critic and I'm not; I'm juts disappointed that the car is being auctioned for so much money when it is not correct and thus there is the potential for someone to buy it being unaware of what they will need to do to complete a sympathetic restoration.
Regards,
Brian