More threads by Oversize

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Very cool pity its not a straight 8 though. :D:D:D:p:p:p

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'd be interested to know why a 455 can make so much torque. I don't think it's just cubes...

Interesting they make comment about the thin-wall design and other flaws that make the engines a temporary go-fast device!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes the Buick and Pontiac Big Blocks were the new thin wall designs with advanced casting technics compare them to Chev they are noticeably lighter and more compact. In fact fit the Pontiac in say a HQ and people think its a 350 till they look closer. :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
There is a heavy hitter GS in Perth engine build was in Perth Street car magazine about 5 years ago made 850hp from memory . It goes to Kwinana now and again its not tubbed just treaded drag tyres does low 11's can go quicker but owner refuses to put in cage. Cant blame him it is a real GS spoke to him about 3 years ago at the drags. Genuine motor in storage. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Any idea on the cam specs for a 455?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
If I find the article on the Perth Street Car I will let you know engine build was a feature. And Listed by brand what parts used and it was 800hp engine. :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
That'd be awesome! I'd like to compare it to the AMG 6.9 cams....

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I know I have magazine it will be in storage unit with furniture will look tomorrow . :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Valve size would be interesting too....

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I know it had alloy heads article list every thing Perth Street car sh#ts on Street Machine its real cars and making them go with real tech . :)