Batteries

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I have an Olympus C770 Digital Camera that I bought back in 2004/2005. As a matter of interest, it has not missed a bit, and it does take some great photos, as evidenced by a good selection of events that I covered for TK.

As with all "old" components, the battery charger packed it in, and I had also replaced the battery with a genuine Olympic replacement unit a couple of years ago, at a cost of $60.00 for the battery. Anyhow, as I said, the still genuine charger packed it in, and Paxtons in the City quoted $90.00 for a replacement Charger, whilst Paxtons and Tom Saard at Parramatta quoted $59.90. It was no contest, was it, and where do you think I finished up dealing with ?

None of the three. I found Better Batt Pty. Ltd. on the Internet, and I Visa'd them $32.00 something all up for a new Charger, Battery and the deal included free postage because I bought more than one item.Postage would have been $9.00. I rang them on 1300 733 102 (they are in Melbourne), ordered the items at 14.30 hours on the Friday, and the items were in my hot little hand 9.30 by Courier on Monday morning. Could not ask for better service, and you will find them on the Internet. Regards Styria

........and so far so good, with everything working the way it should.

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Good value Styria well done!

By the way is the camera an Olympus not an Olympic?

Never heard of an Olympic digital camera before.

I have the Olypmus 18X optical zoom camera.

The pics I have posted recently have been taken with the iPad.

And I have found the quality of the photos is better than taking pics with the Olympus.

WiSeGuYY

Wah I have a Nikon 5200 got it from the states for the projects red pig and blu.
Never used it and it is a bit complicated . Olympus cameras are good to but I prefer Nikon and cannon
Regards
Tarek

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Referring to Tim's post. I have an Apple i.Pad which pretends that it takes good pictures. Once you get them onto the computer, there is a considerable drop-off in sharpness. My Olympus C770, 4 megapixels, 10 times zoom, takes far better pictures than the i.Pad.

I now have a HTC One mobile phoe which has some great features, plus a host of others that I haven't come to grips with. The quality of pics seem excellent, but I have not yet done a lot of work. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
My current pictures are from a htc one . I have a Nikon D3000 need to upload program on to my new laptop so I can load pictures as disc went missing when house was cleared for sale. Also need to buy battery charger as that went missing as well . So thanks for the link Styria will contact them tomorrow. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Amazing the quality of pics one can get from one's phone these days!

Godfather: iPads, unless they are the latest generation, have lousy cameras in them, although pics look great on their own screen.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
You are absolutely correct, Michel. My iPad is a little over twelve months old, and it was the latest version available at the time - the one with the small charge plug that fits into the iPad. As you quite correctly state, on the pad the pictures are 'good', on the PC they go off in sharpness very quickly, even from one side of the photo to the other side. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
By the way thanks for link Styria I ordered new battery charger for my Nicon D3000 so should take future photos with it once it arrives.:D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
By the way thanks for link Styria I ordered new battery charger for my Nicon D3000 so should take future photos with it once it arrives.:D

Geoff, keep us posted if the service is as excellent as what I received. I may have said this, but I ordered two items on Friday, 14.30 hours, and they arrived Monday, 9.30 hours. Because I ordered two items, express postage ($9.00) was free. How good is that ! Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Will do ordered Thursday night so should get tomorrow. :D Price was very good.