A pic of my 280SL

More threads by grant v

grant v

Here's a pic of my 1982 280SL that I bought three years ago. Only had 94 000km on the clock and was spotless. The spare had never been used and still had those original little round stickers on the spare wheel's rim.
Car is now used daily by my boyfriend and has 133 000 on the clock, but it;s still in great condition and a plaesure to drive.

280SLR107001.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice SL....:)

Lucky Boyfriend :D

Styria

The Godfather
HI Grant, if you want to be SEEN, open air motoring is the way to go. I once had use of a 380SL for a few days and, as luck would have it, the sub was out every day - luckily, not too hot.

What I like about an SL when compared with open top offerings available today and so fashionable with the 'trendies', is the fact that the pure lines of the SL are not influenced by electric opening and closing of the roof. That convenience, and I guess it is desirable, dictates that most modern convertibles have that high exterior boot area and most of them look alike. In addition, boot space is severely restricted. I looked at one car not so long ago (forgotten which make), and once the roof was fully retracted, there was barely enough room to fit a soft bag or umbrella - forget your Golfing bag etc.Regards, Styria