Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I dabble a little in French. :p

But that listing has expired :eek:

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Michel, so you don't have access to the listing at all? I can still see it as I saved it to favorites, although it now indicates it's ended.

WiSeGuYY

the most interesting info about this thread that MICHEL ( THE MAN WHO SPEAKS most languages) say his french is not as good as others, or my english is fading??.
REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Michel, so you don't have access to the listing at all? I can still see it as I saved it to favorites, although it now indicates it's ended.

I can see the listing, I was merely confirming it had expired.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
the most interesting info about this thread that MICHEL ( THE MAN WHO SPEAKS most languages) say his french is not as good as others, or my english is fading??.
REGARDS

TAREK

My dear Tarek,

Your English is excellent!
My comment was tongue in cheek :D

Tony66_au

My limited experience in Both vehicles tells me that there is no comparison as they are too different.

My Rolls Royce experience is with a 1956 Series 1 Silver Cloud, unlike the later series the SI is a 6 cylinder with single headlights.

A phenomenal car to drive distances with a lovely quiet and smooth ride, not short on power for its relative size and weight it is however tricky in traffic because it lacks external rear view mirrors and is fairly hippy.

Ive also driven Mk V and Mk VII Jags and they are very similar but the Cloud has that something that separates it from the Jags as a daily driver the Roll's was nice but not ideal.

I later spent a bit of time in what I now know to be a Silver Wraith, a 77 Long wheel base model in Burgundy with a black vinyl roof and a privacy divider this vehicle was originally owned by a Director of the Bank of London and was an interesting car.

Comfortable at speed in a straight line it hated corners and rolled around badly, fuel consumption for the big V8 was also pretty bad even for the early 90's and my XD Falcon interceptor was far more frugal on the go juice.

My next car was a 1989 300SEL and although it was (Or seemed) as big as the Wraith it was a far better car all round, far more reliable and much nicer to drive as have just about every other Benz Ive driven or owned except the W124 which feels very much a Poverty pack model.

Flame suit ON I await your cries of indignation!

260ebenz

Master
My limited experience in Both vehicles tells me that there is no comparison as they are too different.

My Rolls Royce experience is with a 1956 Series 1 Silver Cloud, unlike the later series the SI is a 6 cylinder with single headlights.

A phenomenal car to drive distances with a lovely quiet and smooth ride, not short on power for its relative size and weight it is however tricky in traffic because it lacks external rear view mirrors and is fairly hippy.

Ive also driven Mk V and Mk VII Jags and they are very similar but the Cloud has that something that separates it from the Jags as a daily driver the Roll's was nice but not ideal.

I later spent a bit of time in what I now know to be a Silver Wraith, a 77 Long wheel base model in Burgundy with a black vinyl roof and a privacy divider this vehicle was originally owned by a Director of the Bank of London and was an interesting car.

Comfortable at speed in a straight line it hated corners and rolled around badly, fuel consumption for the big V8 was also pretty bad even for the early 90's and my XD Falcon interceptor was far more frugal on the go juice.

My next car was a 1989 300SEL and although it was (Or seemed) as big as the Wraith it was a far better car all round, far more reliable and much nicer to drive as have just about every other Benz Ive driven or owned except the W124 which feels very much a Poverty pack model.

Flame suit ON I await your cries of indignation!

Cries of indignation indeed!

260ebenz

Master
Thanks very much SEL_69L I appreciate the kind words!

260E is going really well I just had the gearbox reconditioned and what a difference!

Cheers.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
For someone who owns a Rolls Royce and a few Benzes, I have been known to crow about the amazingly smooth suspension of the 6.9.

I still say that my 690SEL is smoother over bumps than The Queen of Sheba, which is a LWB Silver Spur II with active suspension.

However, for class and street cred, not to mention eye popping power and rubber necking, you'll never be able to match the Pulling Power of the Spirit of Ecstasy!;)

260ebenz

Master
A duel between the 6.9 and the Rolls I would like to see that!

Personally the 6.9 being a Mercedes is a sure winner!

Cheers.
:D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Well I am sure Michel would be only too happy to oblige you there Tim with a Royce vs. Benz match.
What would be the judging criteria?

As the owner of 2 Royces and 3 Benzs I would make a totally impartial judge. :D

Which car is less likely to spill a cup of English Breakfast tea from a Royal Douton cup at 200 kph?

Oh, the 6.9 doesn't have picnic tables...how sad.:eek:

Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

WiSeGuYY

hi guys , for a man who have no experience in RR , just raised looking at the very few ones in CAIRO , and DRIVING MERCEDES from 1972 ( first mercedesi import from Germany for my late father ( W108) I'm sure that the BENZ is more reliable than RR , but it is th diffrence betwen GERMAN product and the BRITISH .

personally ifi am offered a ROLLS like BRIAN'S ( the burgandy phantom ) no MERCEDES can match ( unless i OWN A SSK)

REGARDS.

TAREK

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
A TopGear-style test is in order... Youtube video is essential!!! :D

Tony66_au

Well I am sure Michel would be only too happy to oblige you there Tim with a Royce vs. Benz match.
What would be the judging criteria?

As the owner of 2 Royces and 3 Benzs I would make a totally impartial judge. :D

Which car is less likely to spill a cup of English Breakfast tea from a Royal Douton cup at 200 kph?

Oh, the 6.9 doesn't have picnic tables...how sad.:eek:

Regards,
Brian

Pish and Tosh Brian, My Mk 10 and Mk 7 Jaguars both had burr walnut picnic tables front and rear and the rear tables had mirrors so one could admire ones impeccably bred features whilst supping.

I have to admit im a bit hooked on Bentleys though....

And a Bentley/Mercedes shootout would be a very close thing.

Both Rolls Royce were used as Limousine and Function hire vehicles and the Cloud was my Favourite by a long shot and considering some of the horrendous things Limo companies do to Rolls Royce my cars stood out from the pack for originality.

Tony

BTW I have a K-Tel stable table in the 450SE :D