1939 Horch 930v

More threads by motec 6.9

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Seriously, all this vehicle needs is a Benz Badge!

Styria

The Godfather
Well, I decided to look up the details of this particular Horch 930V. It is obviously an old thread and I must admit to never having seen it previously. So I went looking, and I came up with this beauty - how gorgeous is it ?

http://www.autocollections.com/inde...=inventory&cartable=&sortorder=car,year&sr=40

I wonder what sort of money it would fetch ? The styling and grace ? Extraordinary. BTW, I'll find a couple more for us to indulge in. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria the Horsch sold for just over $1 million US . Alas I cannot open most links at the moment as internet speed is to slow it has been restricted. I posted a lot of threads like this with no replies. :eek:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Posting cars from my favourite site to post I think I posted some of the cars recently but as I cannot open links in under half an hour so who knows.:eek:

Styria

The Godfather
In their day, these Panhards were absolutely sensational. As a snotty nosed kid, I used to see those cars parked inthe street, and I swear that each and everytime I saw one, I seemed to leave a moist print of my nose in one of the side windows. This was in the days of very basic Volkswagens, Puch replicas of the Fiat 500 Bambino and the very classy looking Fiat 1900 - all in about 1957-1958, the year I migrated to Australia. Regards Styria

http://www.autocollections.com/inde...=inventory&cartable=&sortorder=car,year&sr=48

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I suspect the interior might work well in reality - rather like the Flaminia interior does.
The headlamps are un-resolved but the remainder of the lines flow smoothly and with some real interest in the way the second roof pillar kicks back in a Kamm tail.
Regards,
Brian

Styria

The Godfather
I reluctantly say that this one is for our BenzBoy. Am I right, am I wrong ? I know what it is that he may not like, but still, a Rolls Royce from Henry Chapron? Impossible to ignore. Regards Styria

http://www.autocollections.com/inde...=inventory&cartable=&sortorder=car,year&sr=57

Just as an aside, I did have a peep at the upholstery and carpet - why, oh why, have green piping and green stitching ? I know that the two tone combination of leather and stitching are a $7K. option on a new Rolls Royce, but really, with the resto of an old car, why pursue that finish ? I think it is inappropriate.

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
In their day, these Panhards were absolutely sensational. As a snotty nosed kid, I used to see those cars parked inthe street, and I swear that each and everytime I saw one, I seemed to leave a moist print of my nose in one of the side windows. This was in the days of very basic Volkswagens, Puch replicas of the Fiat 500 Bambino and the very classy looking Fiat 1900 - all in about 1957-1958, the year I migrated to Australia. Regards Styria

http://www.autocollections.com/inde...=inventory&cartable=&sortorder=car,year&sr=48
Again there is evidence of design innovation in every aspect of this car - from the way the nose droops and then sweeps back to the A pillar to the consistent design of the nacelle. Oh what a pity design is now done by a committee and a computer and then checked to ensure it fits the 90 percentile. Artistry has been sacrificed for fear of offending the consumer!
Regards,
Brian

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I know the Panhard car but I will just take your word for it as I cannot see at the moment.:confused:

Styria

The Godfather
Posting cars from my favourite site to post I think I posted some of the cars recently but as I cannot open links in under half an hour so who knows.:eek:

Hi Geoff, maybe that's a good thing......:D....How say you ? Agree or disagree ? Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I reluctantly say that this one is for our BenzBoy. Am I right, am I wrong ? I know what it is that he may not like, but still, a Rolls Royce from Henry Chapron? Impossible to ignore. Regards Styria

http://www.autocollections.com/inde...=inventory&cartable=&sortorder=car,year&sr=57

Just as an aside, I did have a peep at the upholstery and carpet - why, oh why, have green piping and green stitching ? I know that the two tone combination of leather and stitching are a $7K. option on a new Rolls Royce, but really, with the resto of an old car, why pursue that finish ? I think it is inappropriate.
It's not a resolved design - just another lumpy limousine. However, without the build papers we don't know if the green binding is original or not - it may well have been so.
Regards,
Brian