1934 v16 cadillac

More threads by motec 6.9

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I know of four Cadillac V 16's that are domiciled in Sydney;

1. A Madame 'X' limosine, seen once by me at Shannons Eastern Creek Classic,
2. An open tourer seen also at the same place on several occasions, and at Penrith Panthers. This car has been featured in quite a few magazine articles.
3. A two door coupe seen once only by me at Penrith Panthers, about six years ago.
4. A black limosine (later model), seen at Shannons Classic, Eastern Creek Classic in 2011.

The first three are earlier overhead valve 60 degree 'V''s, the fourth mentioned has a 110 degree 'V' side valve engine.

The Madame 'X' has an interesting history : I spoke to the owner about this vehicle, at Eastern Creek.

It has always had right hand drive, originally built that way. It was sold to new to a gentleman in England who died while the car was on delivery to him, from America. An American bought it in England, took it back to the U.S.A., and drove it for about 10,000 miles, over ten years, until he died, in about 1940. The car was stored in a barn somewhere in Midwest U.S.A., from then until 1998, where it was discovered by an Austalian, who imported it to Sydney. It was auctioned by Shannons about four years ago, the reserve price was AUD $240,000.

The side valve engine is interesting. the exhausts are taken over the top of the engine, before passing underneath the car in the usual way.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi sel69l there was an engine chassis 1932 v16 for sale 2 years ago on carpoint country sa for 35000 needed complete restoration and body i believe it was the short wheel base chasis so most likely a coupe at some point in time looked like it had ute back fitted in the photo :D