2016 Cadillac ATS-V

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
How close is Cadillac in particular, and General Motors in general, to the established Germans ? The styling, of course, is an individual preference, whilst the interior probably would not stand up to the best that other "Super" Saloons are able to offer. However, from a dynamical point of view, the Cadillac runs the Germans very close. I am not sure how the price compares with that of the Europeans, but dare I say that this Cadillac represents excellent value ? You be the judge. Maybe also, this is an example of what we can expect in Australia once Holden closes its manufacturing doors. Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles...-57992353&mc_cid=fc94657dad&mc_eid=418b371abb

BenzBoy

Grand Master
How close is Cadillac in particular, and General Motors in general, to the established Germans ? The styling, of course, is an individual preference, whilst the interior probably would not stand up to the best that other "Super" Saloons are able to offer. However, from a dynamical point of view, the Cadillac runs the Germans very close. I am not sure how the price compares with that of the Europeans, but dare I say that this Cadillac represents excellent value ? You be the judge. Maybe also, this is an example of what we can expect in Australia once Holden closes its manufacturing doors. Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles...-57992353&mc_cid=fc94657dad&mc_eid=418b371abb
If Cadillac is ever going to return as a prestige marque then someone needs to keelhaul the interior decorator - it doesn't look so much different from a bread and butter Buick ....:eek:
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Impressive on paper and throughout the video clips.
One must not forget the price difference between a Cadillac and is German opponents.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Impressive on paper and throughout the video clips.
One must not forget the price difference between a Cadillac and is German opponents.
According the Cadillac website approx. $US60,000 to $US88,000.
My issue is that Cadillacs of old were known for styling; these will never be so known unless a brick on steroids becomes fashionable ....:rolleyes:
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
According the Cadillac website approx. $US60,000 to $US88,000.
My issue is that Cadillacs of old were known for styling; these will never be so known unless a brick on steroids becomes fashionable ....:rolleyes:
Regards,
Brian

In terms of styling: as long as car manufacturers use wind tunnel computer modelling, we will continue to have bland looking cars that we eventually accept but are hard on the eyes to start with.
Mass production cars (those that car companies need to sell hundreds of thousands to make money) will suffer from the need to save on fuel consumption, which mean every millimetre is required to drop the wind drag on the vehicle, hence some very boring looking cars.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
And the steering wheel is wrapped in Mulan leather which is a composite of leather scraps and epoxy resin - it's neither leather nor plastic but the bastard child of unloving accountants. It's one of the cheapest products available with the temporary feel of leather but without the smell because the leather is almost non-existent and the epoxy resin has been de-natured.
Probably the engine block is made form a similar cross between metal and plastic. I don't care how well the Cadillac goes; it's still a cheap imitation of what Cadillac used to be and one that I don't want in my garage.
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
Just looking at the size of the grille on that Escalade!
:eek:

The 2015 Caddie Escalade looks to be a brick on wheels.

Vintage and Classic Caddie's with the fins and all that chrome now that to me is what a Caddie should look like.

Mind you times have changed cars companies have to move with the times.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
An SUV is an SUV and will always be a brick

image_zpssqukm9ql.jpg

image_zpsyhshtptr.jpg

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Unless its a pointless dead end like X6 AMD Mercedes copies. Why buy an SUV that cannot function as one.POINTLESS.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Michel, it does not matter how one embellishes a brick. A brick is still a brick and should be honest to its original purpose. If R-R wants to build a brick it will still be a brick.
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel, it does not matter how one embellishes a brick. A brick is still a brick and should be honest to its original purpose. If R-R wants to build a brick it will still be a brick.
Regards,
Brian

Exactly my point Professor...:D :D :D