What - other models as well ?

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Well, yes. In my world of 'La La' land, I have never failed to appreciate the virtues of other Mercedes models and, indeed, of cars produced by other manufacturers.

For many years, I have always aspired to own two cars, namely:

1) A Lagonda Rapide that was produced between 1962 and 1964,
and 2) A Bentley S3 Continental.

In relation to the Lagonda, I got as far as having two original brochures put out when the Company was owned by David Brown of Tractor fame. In his introductory message, he referred to "..that all cars were beginning to look alike" and his Rapide."...was different-it had to stand out from the masses".

The Bentley ? Well, I have only ever seen one on the road-parked of all places at Wahroonga Shopping Centre some forty years ago-it was owned by one Barry Crocker ! That's the closest I got to owning one. Still dreaming. Regards, Styria....Oh, I forgot. Still have in my possession two brochures on the Rolls Royce Silver Spur (?) and a Mulsanne Bentley ...ah well...

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well, yes. In my world of 'La La' land, I have never failed to appreciate the virtues of other Mercedes models and, indeed, of cars produced by other manufacturers.

The Bentley ? Well, I have only ever seen one on the road-parked of all places at Wahroonga Shopping Centre some forty years ago-it was owned by one Barry Crocker ! That's the closest I got to owning one. Still dreaming. Regards, Styria....Oh, I forgot. Still have in my possession two brochures on the Rolls Royce Silver Spur (?) and a Mulsanne Bentley ...ah well...

Oh Styria..... The Bentley

You ought to be chatting to a certain Mr Crump about the said Bentley.....
I am told by a reliable source that he kinda fancies one of those;)

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I am told by a reliable source that he kinda fancies one of those

Oh? And I believe you are going with him to look at a certain S3.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I am told by a reliable source that he kinda fancies one of those

Oh? And I believe you are going with him to look at a certain S3.
Regards,
BenzBoy

Welcome to THE Forum with Top Klasse BenzBoy :D

Funny how BenzBoy rimes with BentleyBoy ;)

Des

Styria, it is hard not to be lured by the elegance and charm of a Bentley

Out of all the cars I've owned the TurboR is the one I wished had worked out

I don't know a lot about the different models etc..

but frankly in terms of style and charm you can't go past The S model:

2702080.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/BENTLEY/S-2/details.aspx?__sid=1172B4E6AE5A&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&State=All%20States&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&__Nne=20&R=1698691&__N=4294967085+0+834+285+257&Make=BENTLEY&state_id=0&trecs=17

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I agree about the S Des.

However, only if it is an S3 :)

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Styria, it is hard not to be lured by the elegance and charm of a Bentley

Out of all the cars I've owned the TurboR is the one I wished had worked out

I don't know a lot about the different models etc..

but frankly in terms of style and charm you can't go past The S model:

2702080.jpg

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/private/BENTLEY/S-2/details.aspx?__sid=1172B4E6AE5A&Cr=0&__Ns=pCar_PrivateSpecialFlag_Int32|1||pCar_ImageCount_Int32|1||pCar_LastModifiedDate_DateTime|1&State=All%20States&distance=25&silo=1003&seot=0&__Nne=20&R=1698691&__N=4294967085+0+834+285+257&Make=BENTLEY&state_id=0&trecs=17
You know, Des, several years ago I had the privilege of having unlimited use of a Silver Cloud S3 for a period of nine months. It is an experience one is not likely to forget in a hurry. I have always thought that inspite of their size, the styling and sheer beauty of the bodywork are simply timeless and quite exquisite. The following model, the Silver Shadow Mark I simply did not evoke the same feeling, but when Rolls Royce unveiled the Silver Spur back in 1981 or '82, the status quo was re-introduced. When I look at Michel's and Brian's, no matter what, I just cannot fault the styling-the sheer presence, the perceived opulence, the hand crafted interior, the impeccable heritage - in my view, no car other than the 600 Grosser can emulate those qualities.

The S3 that I had use of was, in fact, a surprisingly well handling car. Its handling was akin to a mid sized truck that would just maintain a chosen line, but of course it was all very refined, comfortable and luxurious. I simply enjoyed the driving position-up high, wonderful view over that ever so long bonnet and the separate front guards, and the steering wheel nestling also so comfortably and an easy arm stretch from one's body. Yes, it had a lot in its favour, and desirability was a premium feature. Regards, Styria

BTW, isn't it great that TOPKLASSE happily and willingly encompasses this type of thread ? You bet.