WGB gets a coloured friend

More threads by WGB

WGB

My wife's new ML 320CDI arrived home this week after a wait of many months (Yes Des it really was ordered in September).
Apparently Tuscalooosa shut down ML production for the whole of December which is why this one wasn't produced until January.

NewCar.jpg

It doesn't have the off-road pro pack with air suspension that my ML 500 has but it has the same 19 inch wheels and it has the dark glass with laminated side front windows.
Here is the interior.

Interior.jpg

The difference in ride height between standard suspension and air suspension in Sport mode (Where mine spends most of its life) is readily visible. It was while I was taking the photograph I noticed why the rear looks different - apart from the ride height they have deleted the rear muflaps!!!!

WGBandfriend.jpg

Here is my car at full stretch on it's air suspension to show what it is capable of.The standard suspension is a very good compromise and both cars handle obscenely well given expectations after their first appearances.

Maxheightairsuspension.jpg

I still like my V8 - heaps more than the diesel but then in life one must always pay for one's sins and the new diesel does the job really quite well.

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Congratulations Brother Bill and to Mrs Babe,

Two fine looking allroad specimen...

Now you have an almost matching His and Hers :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Nice pair.
Kind of reminds me of Ginger Rogers and Fred Astair - a suave couple and neat foot work.
Deleted the rear mud-flaps? Is nothing sacred anymore? I use mine for touch parking on the sandstone gutters here in Sin-City. Much more accurate that reverse sensors....:D
Regards,
BenzBoy

OP
WGB

WGB

Since the Gods of Alabama fitted both with reversing cameras as well as rear parking sensors I guess they must have decided the mudflaps were surplus to requirements.:)

Bill

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I am more than happy with my ML Bill but it is the only car I know where to change the petrol filter you take out the back seat, take off the rear right wheel and the liner. Now does that make sense?
No. No. No. :D
Regards,
BenzBoy