Tim's real competition

More threads by motec 6.9

260ebenz

Master
I have seen that 260E for sale at Oldtimer Centre has been for sale for a while to.

Oldtimer Centre use have a yard at Chippendale now out at Marrickville.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes it looks like people are being careful with there money in these uncertian times as i have said i would not mind your car but until the twins come my spending is being watched :eek:

260ebenz

Master
260E at Oldtimer Centre is still advertised for sale.

Price is now $6,950 November 2012 rego.

Advertised kilometres for the 260E states the car has done 140,112kms.

I noticed the odometer says 105,112kms very interesting.

And the numbers on the odometer appear to be out of alignment or sync have a look and see what you think?

Attachments

• Speedo 260E.jpg
    Speedo 260E.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 10
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim Yes it would appear more investergation would be required on this car with regards to OD reading. Geoff :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian i just looked you are correct it did seem strange. I bought a car from this dealer in 97 when they were at there old adress and found them to be fair and honest in there dealings.

Styria

The Godfather
Des, our erstwhile friend in Tasmania, bought his 6.9 sight unseen and got stung pretty solidly. If he ever reads this post, he might be able to elaborate further. Regards Styria

N.B. There is no doubt - their offerings are extremely well marketed. It is a lesson to behold in selling a car.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria yes i have heard good and bad about this dealer but all i can say is the car i bought from them gave me no trouble in the 2 1/2 years i owned it. But it was almost a new car at the time it was a Mitsubishi KS Verada XI :eek: and before any comments it was one of the most reliable cars i have ever owned :D

260ebenz

Master
Anyone watch the sellers video of the 260E can be seen on the sellers website?

Seller says the car is ' basically unmarked' then he says 'there is a tiny mark on the boot lid', question is which is it?

Seller also says the 'tyres are all very good', then he says just at the end of the video 'put on tyre on the car', question again is are the tyres 'all' good or just 3 tyres one needs to be replaced?

Price started at from memory $8,950 then $7,950 and now $6,950.

Typical car dealer talk during the video.