About time Tim!

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
300SE has black & white NSW plates fitted the plates today.

Sorry no pics the batteries for the camera are flat of all the luck!
:rolleyes:

CIG 68Z is my new registeration and guys you were right the plates do suit the car perfectly.

Post pics soon guys.

Cheers.
:D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
well done...

but you better go and charge them batteries quick....

The world is waiting to see :D

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks Michel.

News flash!

The World waits no more pics of the number plates as promised.

Yaris parked alongside my Battleship.

The carport is a Mercedes-Benz parking area only oh well the Yaris lives there as well one does make a sacrifice! lol.
;)

Yaris had a minor bingle at the pool carpark last month all drivers involved are fine.

Drivers side door was a sight for sore eyes but a new Toyota door now all fixed and Mum is very happy with the car.

Cheers.

PC200162.jpg

PC200161.jpg

Last edited:

Helmet

Connoisseur
Looks better Tim, however they still need to be centred. You will need to drill new holes in the plates to do this :)

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Looks better Tim, however they still need to be centred. You will need to drill new holes in the plates to do this :)

Thanks Peter.

Plates look better and you say the plates need to be centered to me they do look centered maybe I am wrong?

$99 for the plates.

$40 for the plastic plate covers.

Plates really stand out on the car and of course the exterior colour I like.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good morning Brian front on pic of the plate.

God help me if the plate is not straight I will have to tear my hair out and I do not have much hair left on my head!
:D

Attachments

• 300SE new plates (5).jpg
    300SE new plates (5).jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 17

abl567

Super Moderator
That's just a bit off centre:eek:

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Sorry tim, It's dead crooked. Have a look at how different the ends are on the backing plate!
Sorry!
Regards,
Brian

No need to be sorry Brian.

Appreciate the observation I will have to adjust the backing plate any suggestions how to do this?

Thank you.

Helmet

Connoisseur
No need to be sorry Brian.

Appreciate the observation I will have to adjust the backing plate any suggestions how to do this?

Thank you.

Tim, I reckon the best solution would be to take it to your mechanic and ask him to fit the plates correctly. If he is like me he won't charge you :)

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks Peter.

Mechanic is on Xmas holidays.

Appreciate any advice on how to solve the uncentered plate please guys?

Cheers.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Have it professionally done Tim when your mechanic returns - the backing plate needs to be centred for a start and as new holes may need to be drilled it would be best if you have it done by an expert. It will take only 15 minutes so it is not a big deal but the visual result will be worth it.
Achieving perfection means paying great attention to even the smallest detail.
Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
Tim your plates are way off centre!

I'm of the view now that with any new plate to be fitted I'm going to use the standard holes (no drilling the plate) and I'll use an adapter plate instead. This should make it as neat as possible and avoid obscuring the letters and numbers with large screws or bolts (potentially making it illegal). In Victoria a number plate must be clearly visible from 20m within an arc of 45deg to each side of centre and also from above.

And yes Tim it's a very wise idea to get professional help

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Okay thanks Mark & Brian get the plates professionally centered.

I imagine that won't be a costly exercise?

Cheers guys.

Styria

The Godfather
Don't know what you guys seem to be so pedantic to talk about. Nothing wrong with the position of the plates. As far as I am concerned, and as far as my eyes can discern, it is only the car that's slightly off-centre. Okay Timmy, and you other wise bods, lt's move the car. All together now, eins, zwei,drei -zicke, zacke, zicke,zacke, - hoi, hoi, hoi ! There Tim, almost all done. Regards, Styria. Merry Christmas, everybody. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Don't know what you guys seem to be so pedantic to talk about. Nothing wrong with the position of the plates. As far as I am concerned, and as far as my eyes can discern, it is only the car that's slightly off-centre. Okay Timmy, and you other wise bods, lt's move the car. All together now, eins, zwei,drei -zicke, zacke, zicke,zacke, - hoi, hoi, hoi ! There Tim, almost all done. Regards, Styria. Merry Christmas, everybody. :D

I think you need a rest Godfather...:rolleyes: