Eleanor a reaL 1

More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
Call me old fashioned but I prefer the 'standard' looking Mustangs. The Eleanours scream plastic/fiberglass add ons!! :eek: I do like the wheels and the exhaust outlets though.

And the collection.... what no Mercedes? WTF??

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark the Eleanor that is in Perth was featured in Perth Streetcar magazine. It belongs to Mr Barbagallo you may have heard of his race track . He is high end dealer over here in Perth Rolls Royce , Aston Martin , Ferarri , Lambo you get the idea . :D

260ebenz

Master
Actor Nicolas Cage drive a car called Elanor in one his movies and sadly Elanor was ridden off in the movie am I correct?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Tim yes read the first link for one of the movie cars from Gone in 60seconds a couple were writen of in the movie but this 1 and the one in Perth make at least 2 that have servived :D .Geoff

Oversize

Grand Master
Parts of the movie were ok, but the rest was terrible! I wish movie makers would consult car enthusiasts before they produce car-related films that're inaccurate, wrong, or totally impossible! :mad: And bad acting rounds off the whole package!!! :(:(

Tony66_au

None bar the last GT500 were real.

Cinema Vehicle Services actually produced 12 different "Eleanors" for use in the production of this film.
None of the 12 were actual Shelby Mustangs but converted standard 1967 Mustang fastbacks and are thus just customized 67 Mustangs that don't even look like a Shelby GT 500.

Of those cars, seven survived the filming in various states of repair. A 13th Eleanor, based on a real '67 Shelby GT500 was prepared by Cinema Vehicle Services for producer Jerry Bruckheimer, but that car did not appear in the film.

The only true Shelby GT500 in the movie was given to Nicolas Cage's character by Giovanni Ribisi's character at the end of the movie. The real owner consented to the vehicle being used as long as it was returned in the original condition. Every part that could be unbolted, was unbolted and replaced by a junked replacement part for the scene.

Tony

WiSeGuYY

LOL TONY , where the HECK did you find all this data ?? and i thought MOTEC is our MR POIROT HERE.

REGARDS

TAREK

Tony66_au

LOL TONY , where the HECK did you find all this data ?? and i thought MOTEC is our MR POIROT HERE.

REGARDS

TAREK

Ahhhhhhh well Tarek, I know a few people who work for Fox studio's as well as Stunt and Special effects guys who freelance all over the world. (We share a love of blowing stuff up but that's another story)

And a few of them worked on the film and then one was annoyed enough to add a wiki page to straighten out the myths and legends surrounding the cars.

Tony66_au

Cheers Geoff, I thought that the cars were being passed off as genuine 67 Shelby GT500's instead of Movie cars that started a trend in replicars.

Hence my post.

Lovely cars all the same mate.

WiSeGuYY

Thanks MOTEC and TONY for the info provided but i quit AMERICAN CARS since MID 80'when i sold my BUICK CENTURY which was a beauty at the start and living hell when i didn't find spares in EGYPT when i managed to ruin the engine .

TONY , BLOWING THINGS??? like peter sellers in the movie THE PARTY?? LOL

I got that .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I believe it now belongs to Alf Barbagallo in Perth the car that resides in Perth . His house is in Halls Head Mandura has a 75 foot boat tied up at the back of his house :eek: Dont you just love google earth

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
The Party was one of the best comedys of all time; a must-see!!

Nearmap is way better than Google...

Tony66_au

Thanks MOTEC and TONY for the info provided but i quit AMERICAN CARS since MID 80'when i sold my BUICK CENTURY which was a beauty at the start and living hell when i didn't find spares in EGYPT when i managed to ruin the engine .

TONY , BLOWING THINGS??? like peter sellers in the movie THE PARTY?? LOL

I got that .

REGARDS

TAREK

LOL Not "Blowing things", Blowing things up!

Ex Army Demolitions guys, some Aussie and some not and they wont use sensible tools when det cord or amphos will do although some of the commercial shaped charges available are a Pyro's wet dream.

These days they "live the dream" being paid to make stuff go Boom and very thorough professionals they are too.

Oversize

Grand Master
Sounds like heaps of fun!!! Did I mention I have some stumps to remove??? :D

Tony66_au

Sounds like heaps of fun!!! Did I mention I have some stumps to remove??? :D

Fine if you have 20 or so acres of land because you can never be quite sure where the stump will land or in how many pieces........

I have 3 stumps here and having been at a few stumplosion gatherings I have so far resisted the urge.

Why?

Coz its all good fun till someone "Accidentally" launches a 150 kg tree stump into a low orbit.........

Hindsight being what it is told me running around with your hands over your head as protection doesnt work.. Although it IS very funny.

The not fun part is making sandbags.

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
You guys are absolute classics ! Mark, Nearmaps ? Better than Google ? Is it a search engine ? What are its features ? Regards Styria