The new ML

More threads by BenzBoy

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
And the RINSE water after I had shampooed the headlining with the little wet vac.
The water that came from the big wet vac I used on the carpets could be used as top soil for the garden....
ML03.jpg

Patrick_R

Grand Master
You do love your full size spares Brian, I commend you on this.

This looks great,
But you still need to turn the wheel over and get that dirt off I have indicated for you :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
3B789BD1-21FF-40CB-9206-0D9C9309879C.jpeg

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Oh dear! Recall for brake booster. Nearly 18,000 recalls to be done in Australia but to their credit MB will do it next week and provide a loan car. No hesitation in looking after the ML recall for me and very quick response time.
Regards,
Brian

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Even better; Mercedes-Benz will come to me to inspect and if necessary, will take the ML to their workshop at their expense. I have never had cause to complain about the level of service.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Fully agree there Brian.
I have to say, I’ve not seen this done before.
100% of costs are direct to the factory, so usually they are trying to get the dealer to keep costs down, they even dictate the repair time they will pay the dealer, and the dealer can’t claim one cent more.
Parts are sent direct from the factory.

This sounds like what we would call a “campaign” due to the fact they said they will come and inspect.
A campaign is to inspect something that “may” be a potential in field problem.
Inspection is done, if all clear, it is ticked off with the factory.
If a problem is found, the dealer completes the recall.

sean sherry

Master
In God we trust... all others pay Cash..... A lesson learnt...... Just found out from the Trade in Dealer that
the C250 CGI I bought 3 years ago was a Repairable Write off in Queensland and re-birthed in NSW Halved the Trade in Value !!! It was panel damage only Car was straight and true.
I bought the Car in good faith locally, it had a Service History from the owner going back 10 years.
Did he know ? Hard to tell..... but I was left holding the Baby..... cost me $6000 lesson.
But a negotiate with the Dealer eased that to $3000... Softened the blow a little.
I have Bought a Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross Turbo ...top of the Line Equipped like a modern Jet Plane.
With a CVT Automatic it is very responsive with Paddle Shift over ride function, and Quiet.
Caveat Emperor........

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The Mercedes recall technician arrived on time, tested and passed the ML as fit for use. Phew. MB will inspect in 18 months time to ensure the integrity of the issue.
I had to prise the technician out of the E350 Coupe as he fell in love with it, not having seen the colour combination previously. Then he found the Spirit in the garage and I think I may have converted him to English cars.... what a pity I did not have the PV in the garage to completely win him over.
Regards,
Brian

sean sherry

Master
6 Speed Manuals indeed Brian..... How about an 8 Speed CVT in my new Mitsubishi .
Using the Manual Pedals on to shift up and down there are 8 distinct Shifts. The up and down shifts in Automatic Mode are indicatable. Smooth as Glass ( or a new born baby's Bum )