The Maybach Mystique

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
As previously mentioned, C. F. Mirbach and the Amerang Museum just about eliminated any desires on my part to visit the Mercedes Benz Museum in Stuttgart. Today, on reflection, I have not changed my mind. Amerang, in particular, gave me the opportunity to have a closer look at some of the cars - I suspect that at Daimler Benz I would have been severely restricted.

There was but one Maybach at Amerang and I believe it to be the 6 cylinder version. I was not particularly concerned whether it was a SIX or Twelve - I just had to have it. The following pics. should illustrate why.

MikeNo1054.jpg

I have shown this pic. previously, but the timber work, with radio in back (?), is just so superb..

MikeNo1049.jpg

MikeNo1048.jpg

...or course, it had to have fold away seats in the back, so that you could rest your feet on them !....

MikeNo1050.jpg

This was the front compartment, decked out in BLACK leather.....

Mike061.jpg

..and the next photo depits the car to be an open, pillarless tourer. However, there were separate stainless or chrome bailey channels in top and on the sides which would "follow" the glass as you were winding it down, and retract into the door frame. Absolutely fabulous.

Mike062.jpg

............I just had to have this car, and please feast your eyes on the next pic. with my Maybach leaving the Amerang premises on the way to, and you guessed it, where........

MikeNo1070.jpg

Deal done. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
good lord!

:eek:

what a car!

I just love that timber work in the back, oh my!

Well Des, I am a bit with you. To me, this type of car, with all this quality and furnishings in abundance, they're no longer cars, but works of art. Really - and that is reflected in the price they're fetching nowadays.

Make no mistake, the cars we are able to buy today are quite superb, and just so much better than what we had even ten years ago. I see, read and look a lot, with an open mind, and I am glad that we no longer produce cars that go back to the forties and fifties, with exceptions of course. That's one of the reasons why I have my Gleaming Beauty - plus some degree of rarity, good quality, engineering excellence, and still affordable. Regards Styria