RIP Maybach

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I'm sure the Maybach was a competent car to drive but its possible demise is no loss to the world of well-styled bespoke motoring. It was, and still is, a bloated lump of mis-matched lines and a very pedestrian interior. One demonstrator sat here on the showroom floor for so long that MB refused to give it the full 3 year warranty when it was sold at a huge discount. That is hardly encouraging given that any Crewe product less than 10 years old with a Crewe service history gets a 3 year unlimited warranty when sold by an authorised dealer.
Sorry guys, but the Maybach was doomed from the day it left the styling studio. Maybe MB should have handed the styling over to the Italians. A friend has ordered a new Ghost after his inquiry into a Maybach was met with some uncertainty about whether or not one could be delivered.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

Last edited:

John S

I thought that the Maybach emblem was one of the most atrocious badges around, and the appearance of the rest of the car did nothing to compensate. I'm sure it was / is a great car mechanically, but before anyone spends their money they must take into account that they have to look at it every day.

The Rolls Royce of a couple of models back was just as bad visually, if not worse.

Of course, I am not a possible customer, so they don't have to cater to my tasts.