The Jaguar XJ6 Blues

More threads by Nütz

Nütz

Am I the only one here whom has been frustrated by the infamous electrics ? I.E. ...... Antilock Failure......"lightning bolt"......Brake Pad Wear........ Circuit Failure........ Passenger Door Open........Antilock Failure......."lightning bolt".........Brake Pad Wear........ Circuit Failure.......... Passenger Door Open.......... X Infinity

'88 Model Year Vanden Plas BTW

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Am I the only one here whom has been frustrated by the infamous electrics ? I.E. ...... Antilock Failure......"lightning bolt"......Brake Pad Wear........ Circuit Failure........ Passenger Door Open........Antilock Failure......."lightning bolt".........Brake Pad Wear........ Circuit Failure.......... Passenger Door Open.......... X Infinity

'88 Model Year Vanden Plas BTW

Hmmmmm...

Arent' they all gorgeous to look but a problem to own?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Man.. it's gorgeous.....

Styria

The Godfather
Ah Nutz, Jaguars - THAT mascot on the bonnet ! The cat (alyst) of misery, in tandem with Monsignore Lucas, the prince of darkness. Not totally justified !

Don't have a problem with recognizing Jaguar's shortcomings going back to the sixties, seventies, and "whenelse" (Styria's new word !). Don't know what it is, I just can't trust Jaguar, and the British car industry in general. Haven't for a long time, and I don't seem to be able to change my outlook.

Take Lucas and 'the prince of darkness' - I have owned Rover Coupes and 3500S's for longer that I care to remember, and I have never found fault with their Lucas electrics. Beautiful switches, beautiful wiring looms - really, you wouldn't find much better anywhere. Yet, look at Range Rovers of the '90's - we have had occasion to replace headlinings on those Rangies and, honestly, once you see the 'guts' of the electricals, with 'taped' wires running the length of the roof, you've got to ask yourself 'where are they coming from' ? The lack of attention to detail is simply deplorable.

So, what is it ? Where is the problem ? British Engineers are second to none - look at Formalu 1 - a lot of it based in England, including Ferrari. Valentino Rossi and his Yamaha - he is based in England, Lotus does the fine engineering. I just can't understand it.

Getting back to Jaguars - the XJ6 - born in 1969, styling still up to date - you always know they're a Jag. Things should have been so right, but the standards of reliability and quality were never quite achieved - in my opinion. Nutz, good luck with your car and please keep us posted. Regards Styria