No longer Truck Like

More threads by sean sherry

BenzBoy

Grand Master
That is a truck. That is a real truck.:eek::eek::eek:
That fuel capacity would last me many, many years.
In the past 6,600 kms in the E Estate I have filled the tank only 4 times. That is, I am getting 1650 kms per tank of diesel at 80 litres capacity.
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Our thirstiest truck doing 200 tonne heavy haul achieves .9km/L
Yes, 900m for 1 litre of fuel consumed :oops:
I’m not even going to try to convert that to L/100k :eek:
Similar to this prime mover.
You will note the extra length, extra set of steer wheels, and the extra dive axle compared to the usual prime movers we see on the road.
Fuel capacity will be between 1800L - 2500L
View attachment 23828
I remember passing b-triples on my drive back from Adelaide via the barrier highway and broken hill. If you keep your foot to the floor while on the wrong side of the road (which I tend to do, to minimize my time on the wrong side), you are moving pretty quickly by the time you reach the prime mover!

Considering the work these things are doing 111l/100km is not bad.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
That is a truck. That is a real truck.:eek::eek::eek:
That fuel capacity would last me many, many years.
In the past 6,600 kms in the E Estate I have filled the tank only 4 times. That is, I am getting 1650 kms per tank of diesel at 80 litres capacity.
Regards,
Brian
I am struggling to envisage the estate with a 2500L tank.
It may end up looking like a SsangYong Stavic 😱

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Friend in the U K has had his Keyless Car stolen at night from his Driveway...
New scam is two thieves working together... one with a receiver against the Car Door .. the other with a Scanner accessing the key in the House. This tricks the Car into thinking that the Key is nearby.
Door is unlocked and the car can be started. I have ordered a "Faraday Pouch" $5.00, which blocks the Scanner. I will keep both Keys in a kitchen drawer in the Pouch. Even in a locked Electric garage ..this can be overcome.....

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Bring back the Horse and Cart I say... Bryce ??

Now for Patrick.... I read that from last Month Shell V Power is now 99 Octane. ???
Hope so.... as knock Sensors can rest easy.
I remember when I was running an MGA I had a permit for Leaded Av Gas ... was it 120 Octane for Planes ? Engine was Austin B Series 1500cc fitted with an Electronic Distributor & extractor Exhaust Manifold. Factory Manifold was cheap and nasty. Pushed the Gasses back.
Fitted with a higher MGB Diff ..easily sat on 80 MPH (Accurate Sat Nav reading ) 4200 RPM.
An 82 degree Thermostat with a larger Radiator Core.. ( Factory 72 Degree was far to low)
Maximum Gas expansion is at 22% after TDC .
Via Accurate maximum mechanical "Ignition Timing".
Vacuum Advance is an economy device only.
MGA....was the last MG Sports Car !!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Also I read that the Sulphur Content reduction will be 2024 not 2027
I can only find one reference to the 99 Shell Octane , all the other posts online are yesterdays news even the Shell site ???

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Hopefully you are fitting Electronic Ignition and a Cold Air Intake Patrick...... As an ex Ford Mechanic .. they need this .. also static timing at 10degrees not 6.... if my memory is correct.

abl567

Super Moderator
99 Pump fuel would be a godsend for the 6.3, they are renowned for pinging on modern fuels. I tried an octane booster from Auto One but it was very expensive and contained toluene, which the rubber fuel lines aren't exactly fond of.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Hopefully you are fitting Electronic Ignition and a Cold Air Intake Patrick...... As an ex Ford Mechanic .. they need this .. also static timing at 10degrees not 6.... if my memory is correct.
No mate, she is completely original under the bonnet, so I’ll probably just end up running 95 with a lead additive.
Thanks for the tip on the timing.
I have zero experience with older Ford’s.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Friend in the U K has had his Keyless Car stolen at night from his Driveway...
New scam is two thieves working together... one with a receiver against the Car Door .. the other with a Scanner accessing the key in the House. This tricks the Car into thinking that the Key is nearby.
Door is unlocked and the car can be started. I have ordered a "Faraday Pouch" $5.00, which blocks the Scanner. I will keep both Keys in a kitchen drawer in the Pouch. Even in a locked Electric garage ..this can be overcome.....
We have all our keys dropped in a steel box when we get in the house.
NO CAR KEY is left outside that box.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Don't be Shy Patrick I have been working on old Fords Lincolns and Mercuries dating back to 1932 !!
6 Volt systems ..sluggish Starter .. just add an extra 2 Volts to the Battery. Boosts the Ignition as well !!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Extra 2 Volts attached to 6 Volt was very common back in the olden Days Patrick . Maybe the Holden Forum for the early Cars can help.