No longer Truck Like

More threads by sean sherry

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Ok Patrick, I do understand your insight into the Motor Trade these Days It is a tougher World than yester year. The other side of the Story is that the Dealer took $1500 and did not even attempt to carry out the Service Work signed up for. Just delivered the Vehicle as it was.
We cannot defend the indefensible !! To reveal the detail on a Public forum is asking for trouble. Even with private e mails we must be careful. Big Brother is always watching.
Big Business have the resources to protect themselves and hide behind a wall of Lawyers.
Having said that ,the general Public are not Saints. As in Boxing parlance "Protect yourself at all Times"

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Let us not mix Factory backed New Car Warranties with used Cars..........who are law on to themselves !!
I suspect that if the Vehicle is returned with a promise to sort it, they will endeavour to make his life. Hell. " In God we trust.. all others pay Cash" ......And No, I am not Religious

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
As always Patrick I appreciate your input ..
as an update "There is movement at the Station" Banjo Patterson My mate has taken them on.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
The whole story is that they lied and lied and tried to cheat him ..Consumer Affairs sorted them out big time. Hunters Hill to Laguna and back today 43 MPG in the Eclipse Cross Turbo sticking to the Speed Limits. Still running in at 7160 Ks. No issues anywhere !!
Tire pressures reduced to 32 PSI from 37 PSI on 55 profile Tyres. Factory setting too high for light loads...... Just two people, plus Wifey's must carry baggage !!!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
The whole story is that they lied and lied and tried to cheat him ..Consumer Affairs sorted them out big time. Hunters Hill to Laguna and back today 43 MPG in the Eclipse Cross Turbo sticking to the Speed Limits. Still running in at 7160 Ks. No issues anywhere !!
Tire pressures reduced to 32 PSI from 37 PSI on 55 profile Tyres. Factory setting too high for light loads...... Just two people, plus Wifey's must carry baggage !!!

43mpg = 5.5L/100k
Good results Sean.
My calculations say 6.5 Lts/100Ks = 43 MPG( imperial)...... ???? Sean

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Well; I am not a mathermatician so I cheat and use this calculator - just insert the correct litres per 100 ks and the answer appears. I just don't argue with the result as I leave that to people more attuned to the mysteries of maths than I am ....
So I conclude that the E Estate gets an average of 55.39 miles per gallon of diesel and that makes me happy.
Don't forget an American gallon is not the same as an Imperial gallon.
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Grand Master
They don’t call you the Professor for nothing Brian.

Your supplied calculator is what I will be using in future.
I just googled the figure supplied by Sean, and that’s what I got.

That’s why I am NOT called the Professor 🤓🤣

My working life revolves around Km/L
So fairly different consumption.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Our thirstiest truck doing 200 tonne heavy haul achieves .9km/L
Yes, 900m for 1 litre of fuel consumed :oops:
I’m not even going to try to convert that to L/100k :eek:
Similar to this prime mover.
You will note the extra length, extra set of steer wheels, and the extra dive axle compared to the usual prime movers we see on the road.
Fuel capacity will be between 1800L - 2500L
32100B86-E78B-4A68-906D-09E64F122448.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I’m not even going to try to convert that to L/100k :eek:
Similar to this prime mover.
You will note the extra length, extra set of steer wheels, and the extra dive axle compared to the usual prime movers we see on the road.
Fuel capacity will be between 1800L - 2500L
View attachment 23828
Being a Child of the Mid Thirties I never did the leap to Kls from MPG.... I'm a slow learner.
But I do try !!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I’m not even going to try to convert that to L/100k
The would be 2.11 (US) miles per gallon or
111 litres per 100kms :cool: