Miss During Warm Up

More threads by Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I have been driving my 690SEL lately a bit and I have found out that when I start it cold, it feels like it has a miss until it is a little warmer (the needle is off the wall). :confused:

As soon as the temperature needle has moved a bit, the miss is gone.

Any ideas?

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Plugs? How old are they? Pull 'em out and check 'em. That's cheap to do, as well as being the first step in a diagnostic proceedure. How old are the plug leads?

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Plugs? How old are they? Pull 'em out and check 'em. That's cheap to do, as well as being the first step in a diagnostic proceedure. How old are the plug leads?

Plugs and plug leads are not older than one year, but importantly, they haven't done more than 1000ks

Styria

The Godfather
Plugs and plug leads are not older than one year, but importantly, they haven't done more than 1000ks

Hi Michel, are you sure about the leads ? One tends to forget, of course what maintenance you have carried out on RED 690SEL. Just keep in mind that it was probably sometime in November of 2008 (Oran Park) that the car was used in 'anger' and I don't think a lot has been done in between times. Driving, and maintenance, of an older style car is an ongoing task. There are so many components that are instrumental in providing you with a healthy, and happy engine - so, it might well be appropriate to spend some time on your car.

As far as I know, the only matter of concern with your car has been the inclination to stall when cold - a couple of times, but in due course it has always settled down well. Perhaps other issues have developed in the meantime. Regards Styria

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Michel, are you sure about the leads ? One tends to forget, of course what maintenance you have carried out on RED 690SEL. Just keep in mind that it was probably sometime in November of 2008 (Oran Park) that the car was used in 'anger' and I don't think a lot has been done in between times.

Has it been that long???
Time flies....
But why does it stop missing when it's a touch warm.
A miss doesn't usually go with warmth...

As far as I know, the only matter of concern with your car has been the inclination to stall when cold - a couple of times. Regards Styria

As a matter of fact it stalls when you try and restart it while it is a little warm.
the 690SEL never heats up (never goes past 80C even on a 40C degree day with the air on...

TJ 450

Maybe the cold control pressure is out of spec? I'd check the plugs and leads first though.

Tim