Memnoch

More threads by motec 6.9

BenzBoy

Grand Master
As for the Puglet I have driven one. And not a chance in hell in a straight line unless you have NOS or Turbo/Super Charging. Around corners I wouldn't see which way you went. But I will leave you with this Brian 14.24@97.21 mph is current 1/4 mile. It will be able to go under 14 by the time you see it and I am going to shorten the rear gears ontop off power upgrades .:D:D:D

http://www.lynxpowerengineering.co.uk/sc.aspx ;)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
So you have fitted this have you. May just walk into Marks Workshop before bringing car over he knows me as a past customer. :p

260ebenz

Master
To this list off brand new genuine parts
1x Set front and rear Genuine window seal
1x Set of Genuine door seals
12x Clip front door seals
10x Clip rear door seals
1x Front sunroof seal
2x Side sunroof felt
1x Rear sunroof seal
1x Boot seal
2x Boot lid bump stop
8x Window felt (inner and outer)
2x Fuel flap bump stop
1x RHF indicator assembly
1x LHF indicator lense only
Now add
1x RHR Taillight assembly
1x LHR Taillight assembly
1x Centre Grill section
1x RHF Headlight assembly
1xLHF Headlight assembly
I think it should look ok when finished as long as I don't lift bonnet as I have not painted that at this stage.

Now that is a list of parts wow!

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Don't ask Tim they cost more than you paid for your car. As that is not half the list. Oh and ordered last night a new grill centre section.

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Marks Workshop is in York W.A same little town as Peter's car museum . Walking water is possible if I see a spider in a boat. :eek: they did my one tonner . And he is the best in the country. http://www.marksworkshop.com.au/

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Jumped out of a moving car on the harbour bridge when a huntsman landed on dash top from sunvisor. Passengers were not amused I was driving. Spiders hate them had a funnel web in my bed as a child. Snakes well I have my handlers ticket for them. :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Ok I think I now have the outside taken care off. Have just ordered new side trim and bumper rubbers. Meaning not one bit off external rubber trim or lights is not new. I think I am becoming obsessive with this car. Now with the paint job and outside being looked after. I will need to attend to interior this year as well. Need to do roof lining, Seats, Carpets and anything else maybe wood as well. :eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Well final parts arrived for the 6.9 so they will be shipped to Rowe & Sons . So we hopefully will have a car to bring to Canberra soon.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Geoff, it's been a bit of time between last and second last post that you have submitted under this thread. I have been meaning to ask you, and perhaps suggest to you, that you may consider the following (ignoring that you may have already done so):

I have come across many resprays that have been beautifully executed, but have fallen down in specific areas. When Jerry repainted Gleaming Beauty, I asked him to:

1) Respray the radiator support panel.
2) Repaint the stone tray that fits between the right and left front guards - the stone tray was removed and painted off the car, and the front guards were newly obtained items that were fitted to GB.
3) Thoroughly clean and degrease the underside of the bonnet, and apply fresh paint to the front and rear stiffening panels.
4) Fit new under bonnet insulation.
5) Rub back and paint the 'A', 'B' and 'C' panels and dog leg of rear guard.
6) When spraying front guards, it is important, well advisable, to mask off below the guard retaining bolts. In other words, spray all of the guards.
7) Regarding the bonnet, it is advisable to paint it off the car so that one can cover the side, as well as rear edges.

It is a fair bit of extra work, but Jerry was kind enough to allow me some time in preparation of the above items prior to him painting the car. That bit of extra judiciously applied care can make a hell of a lot of difference to the finished product. Regards Styria

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
All parts off the car except the engine bay are being painted as the heads still need to come off or more to the point the engine build. After trying to deal with it from interstate I will wait till car is in Canberra . But every part of body rubber and felt is new even every light.

Oversize

Grand Master
Any updates or progress pics?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Not as off yet I will update as soon as I have anything .

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Well hopefully I will have news soon as all parts I have bought have departed for Perth. Invoice for all body rubbers and felts plus lights was $3350 . :eek: Not to mention all the front end work .

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well hopefully I will have news soon as all parts I have bought have departed for Perth. Invoice for all body rubbers and felts plus lights was $3350 . :eek: Not to mention all the front end work .

I know the feeling.
Been there, done that! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
This is my car John. Updates will be added when I get my car back and have something to report.

Styria

The Godfather
Geoff, who is John ? Did you think I would not ask ? I've not seen his name mentioned anywhere. Regards. Styria

N.B. Anyway, any further progress on bodywork ?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
John Erbe who has been asking about 560 throttle body. As for my car I have nothing new to add till I go to get painted car.