Lancia Flaminia Sport Zagato C3

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
One of the benefits of "horsing" around on the Internet always results in coming across all that is weird and wonderful. The car in question and featured here would in my eyes fall into the category of owning my dream car. Zagato styling can never be mistaken to have been penned by anyone else - the angular lines, the Kamm tails, just everything. It is no wonder that Zagato products, inspite of their failings, will always attract premium money. For instance, look at the Aston Martin DB4 GT Zagato of which only twenty five were ever built.

Many years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a Midnight Blue Lancia Flaminia Saloon - four doors, yes. It was worth $A3000, and it drove beautifully with a crisp engine note and an ability to want to please the driver in charge. Alas, it had a badly slipping clutch, and it would probably have been easy to replace as both gearbox and differential are located as one unit (as in transaxle) at the rear of the car. Mechanically speaking, the Flaminia was complex as it also sported inboard disc brakes and I would daresay that complexity of repairs, and an absolute dearth of spare parts would test the most hardy, and capable home mechanic. Anyway, please look up the test as it does make for interesting reading Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
This is not a Zagato bodied Coupe, but just the normal version I spotted at Eastern Creek some three to four years ago. Bodywise, it would probably be a better car than the Zagato but, of course with beauty being in the beholder's eye, the Zagato version would be preferable. It would certainly cost a lot more, but it'd be a real investment.IMG20180812100443.jpgIMG20180812100443.jpg

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Not the Flamina, but Harry's Garage have a Zagato fulvia which is a really interesting car. I've always thought this model was really striking. They have just started an engine rebuild project:

If you don't subscribe to Harry's Garage, you should.
None of that nonsense like most youtube channels that take perfectly good cars, straight pipe them and ruin the suspension.