Illegal 300SL destruction

More threads by Tony66_au

260ebenz

Master
Hi Tony looks like the exact same 300SL Replica I posted info about the other day.

Oversize

Grand Master
Now hang on a minute; they destroy a reproduction and yet many older parts are NLA (eg 6.9 struts)!!!!! Many repair kits could be made available for reasonable costs to such a huge company. And the return would be total dedication by their customers, but they choose to turn a blind eye. MB have a good look at yourselves! :confused::(:mad:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Now hang on a minute; they destroy a reproduction and yet many older parts are NLA (eg 6.9 struts)!!!!! Many repair kits could be made available for reasonable costs to such a huge company. And the return would be total dedication by their customers, but they choose to turn a blind eye. MB have a good look at yourselves! :confused::(:mad:
Nononono - replica body but over what mechanicals? Probably over some cheaper donor - certainly I suspect it was not a faithful reproduction - just a rip-off copy.
Regards,
Brian

WiSeGuYY

I donno but in the past there were many replicas of ferrari and AC cobra and PORSCHE specially in eastern block countries in the 80's using cheaper chassie like VW beatle sometimes.
TODAY many factories worldwide still make replicas for the AC COBRA and have clubs around the world.

still sad to see this 300 sl crushed.Looks like work of an ARTIST.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
I don't have a problem with them destroying a copy, but if they can no longer offer parts, they should allow someone else to (re)produce them... Are they doing it already for service items (oil filters etc) and just turning a blind eye to it? I guess a whole car is hard to ignore!!! I wonder if it had Corvette underpinnings??