GAHH Catalogue arrives in the post

More threads by WGB

WGB

Being very pleased with my new front seats last year I placed an order with Styria for the seat covers for the electric rear seat in my 6.9 to match the perfect leather now on the fronts.

My staff are well aware that I am expecting yet another parcel from the US and today I received a bell to say that a parcel had arrived but it sounded a bit smaller than expected.

I opened it up to find the GAHH Catalog complete with samples of all their products from Leather to Vinyl to carpets to convertible tops to roof liners for a diverse range of cars.

Apparently the new covers are on their way but will not now arrive until after the West Australian Long Weekend so I will have to content myself with the samples.

Here are a few photos of some of the contents of the samples folder

GAHHCover.jpg

GAHHPricelist.jpg

GAHHM-BLeather.jpg

GAHHOthers.jpg

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
What a great find.
I bet that catalogue cost a bomb to produce.
I wonder if they send it to all their prospective buyers

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, it was sent to WGB by mistake but, then again, we did not request one either. We normally get one each year.

Bill, being the gentleman and principled person that he is, offered to send the catalogues and price lists to myself. However, he is one person that I don't mind to be in possession of these catalogues as there is no information contained therein that is not freely available on the website of GAHH. Regards, Styria - N. B. I just wish that he would have received the leather BEFORE the catalogues ! What do you say......

Parks

haha thats funny, that was meant to come to us haha, enjoy it Bill its a great catalogue:) btw Des they are all real samples

Last edited:
OP
WGB

WGB

Hard to confirm from the photos but is the catalogue merly printed or are they real samples of leather in there?

Are you sticking with black leather Bill or opting for something different?

All the leather, canvas, cloth and carpet samples are little dinky real samples.

Des the rear seat is supposed to be the same black leather as the front seats which I replaced last Xmas and still look like new.

The car originally had an all black interior with a rooflining that is an indefinite off-white of some kind.

The carpets have been replaced with grey which lightens up the dark interior but the kick panels(shin bins) in the front are covered in black vinyl. I have spare carpet in the correct gray colour but it appears to be too thick to stick on the plastic panels.

Parks - I assume there is a thinner version of the velour carpet which is glued to the kick panels and will order some when I replace the headlining presumably in next years budget.

Bill

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
At US$86 plus postage I would expect real leather :p

Des

Bill, sorry if I am going over ground maybe already covered in the past....did you just want "new" leather or did the leather treatment that Chris put through the car not work out so well?

I remember the pictures and the long process he went through, and seemed to really bring the black leather back to life.

I am curious for my own benefit, one of my cars has a faded and worn leather interior,

OP
WGB

WGB

No worries Des,

Chris did a great job with the leatherique and also repaired the pads as well and the end result looked very shiny black and with real patina.

The problem was that the drivers seat squab cover was breaking up after only a month of ownership and I made the decison to go with new leather.

It's the old problem of once you start you can't stop and the new leather is not shiny in it's natural state. In fact it is the exact same leather as came with my 500 ML and the shine comes with time (or artificially)

I replaced the seat covers as well as the headrest covers and the armrest cover - cost AU$1730 for the new leather. I removed the seats and removed the old leather covers myself and put on the new leather last X-mas over a period of about 5 days. I was not happy with the amount of padding in the side bolsters of the drivers squab and a few months later removed the drivers seat and re-padded the squab side bolsters and now I am very happy with the result.

Here is a picture of the initial fit before I re-padded the driver's squab

Newseatsreadytoinstall.jpg

My rear seat is in pretty good condition and has good padding but the colour is different hence the need to finish the job as I do not believe I would be happy with any attempt at colour matching and as well the new leather is just so nice.

As you know I am still waiting for the rear covers which I will fit myself and I guess will cost something like the fronts when the bill arrives.

Bill

Parks

hi Bill, yeah the kick panels, knee pads etc were covered with the "backless" velour carpet, the kick panels especially need backless but the knee pads can be covered with normal carpet but is extremely difficult to do....a steamer helps heaps if you must use normal carpet........regards Brent

OP
WGB

WGB

I might be in touch about that Parks as it is the one thing that is going to be left that irritates me.

I always like the look of velour knee pads and somehow Black Vinyl ones don't look right and it is impossible to disguise the wavy edge at the top.

I think Grey velour to match the carpet will be much more effective.

Bill

Styria

The Godfather
Hi WGB, unless I am mistaken, or my memory has failed me, AMG 69 should have received the grey backless velour with the carpet I supplied to him - it all came from GAHH at the time - say two years ago ? Regards, Styria

OP
WGB

WGB

I have some grey carpet pieces which came with the car but his trimmer said it was too thick to put on the knee panels so used the black vinyl instead.

I will post a photo of the pieces when I get a chance but they are very thick.

Bill