Burl walnut wood trim console

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
The old saying 'why wait for tomorrow'.

Pics of the console and ashtray see what you think?

P6170423_zpsd7e29e56.jpg

P6170424_zps58952b45.jpg

abl567

Super Moderator
Looks great Tim, are you sure the coin tray is centred correctly:D

abl567

Super Moderator
Jokes aside it does look good in the pics Tim, would you please post his contact details again, I have a set of wood trim for Six 3 I'd like redone and the console and ash tray in 450SE are a little like yours were Tim, just a few more crazes.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Jokes aside it does look good in the pics Tim, would you please post his contact details again, I have a set of wood trim for Six 3 I'd like redone and the console and ash tray in 450SE are a little like yours were Tim, just a few more crazes.

Hi Ant,

Log onto Wayne's website for his contact details.

Site address is: www.wayneswoodgraining.com.au

Hope this helps Ant?

Cheers.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice wood Tim, but why are they not shiny?

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Hello Michel,

Pics were taken last night in the dark.

Only the interior light and the camera flash provided enough adequate light to take the pics.

Take more pics today.

Very distracting driving home with the console & ashtray looking so superb compared to before.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
BTW I spoke to Wayne today and asked him if it was okay to post his web address he had no objection.

Ant do you plan to have the console restored in the 6.3 and the 450SE if so Wayne is the bloke to contact.

Cheers.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Too kind Brian thank you.

Very fortunate the woodtrim in the 300SE is in such good condition and I intend to keep that way.

Styria

The Godfather
It's quite difficult to judge the quality of the work. As Michel says, there does not appear to be a lot of shine. Mind you, however, the photos certainly in no way do justice to what you may have expected. For now Tim, we'll just take your word about quality, and it is satisfying to know that you are pleased with the result. Just as a matter of interest, and you do not have to answer, did the cost exceed $350.00 ? Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
It's quite difficult to judge the quality of the work. As Michel says, there does not appear to be a lot of shine. Mind you, however, the photos certainly in no way do justice to what you may have expected. For now Tim, we'll just take your word about quality, and it is satisfying to know that you are pleased with the result. Just as a matter of interest, and you do not have to answer, did the cost exceed $350.00 ? Regards Styria

Hello Styria,

Console & ashtray refurbishment cost $300.

Mark my words Styria the console & ashtray both look superb.

You are more than welcome to have a look at the console & ashtray at this years Concours for yourself.

Cheers.