Alfa Romeo 4C - 2015

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Shades of the Lancia Stratos featured in the previous thread ? Well, just look at the size (so lithe), the shape (so beautiful) and it certainly has lots going for it at the price charged for it in the States.

I honestly cannot think readily of a more beautifully styled rear section than on this car, and the front certainly leaves nothing to be ashamed of. The test itself - very level headed and factual - rather than the glowing commentary that one can come across from time to time from other testers. Certainly a car to fit into the TK stable (first one !). Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/reviews/driven-2015-alfa-romeo-4c/

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes I have read all the road test they say its fast but has a lot of faults. So its a real Alfa then. :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Shades of the Lancia Stratos featured in the previous thread ? Well, just look at the size (so lithe), the shape (so beautiful) and it certainly has lots going for it at the price charged for it in the States.

I honestly cannot think readily of a more beautifully styled rear section than on this car, and the front certainly leaves nothing to be ashamed of. The test itself - very level headed and factual - rather than the glowing commentary that one can come across from time to time from other testers. Certainly a car to fit into the TK stable (first one !). Regards Styria

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/reviews/driven-2015-alfa-romeo-4c/
I approve of the lack of power steering but no manual gearbox? Come on! This is the 21st Century and a manual box is a novelty selling point....
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And a dead duck . Porsche and volkswagen and others have said they cannot get a manual to pass future emissions. So it will be dead soon.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
And a dead duck . Porsche and volkswagen and others have said they cannot get a manual to pass future emissions. So it will be dead soon.
Well a curse on the house of the Eurocrats then. Humans will not need a left leg in the future so maybe it will atrophy - along with the self-responsibility gene.....
Mutter, mutter, mutter ....
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I personally would take a manual if offered in any car. So the demise which will soon come is not something to look forward to . I have yet to drive any car with a computer controlled manual gearbox that is as smooth as driving a manual or automatic. To me they offer the worst of both worlds. :(

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I personally would take a manual if offered in any car. So the demise which will soon come is not something to look forward to . I have yet to drive any car with a computer controlled manual gearbox that is as smooth as driving a manual or automatic. To me they offer the worst of both worlds. :(

If you can't change gears without a clutch on a crash box you can't drive and should not be on the road......witness the berks who drive their cars to the limit and crash, failing to understand what their car is actually doing. Power steering, ESP, ABS etc. are all wonderful options but they in themselves do NOT make for better drivers.
I have a friend who can pilot her Phantom II with as much speed as I can my ML - and she turns 80 at Christmas. Why? Because dear readers, she can bloody well drive!
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
When I started driving Buses for old man Murray in Canberra . He insisted all new drivers . Learn to drive old GM bus with 4 speed crash box. And first drive for him was in restored J2 Bedford. With him as a passenger it was part of job application. Worked for him a few years so I guess I passed. :)