2014 Flying Spur vs. Ghost

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Pretty interesting tests between two Super Luxury heavyweights. The guys testing, in my opinion, are right on the button in their efforts to convey a precise and accurate assessment of these two cars.

The colour of the Rolls Royce takes a bit getting used to - if I owned the car, the first item of modification would be the wheels - the black just does not suit the car. This is a long test, but perservere reading - it is most enlightening. Regards Styria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf2raANBBI0

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I think the tests were absurd. :rolleyes:

These are vehicles simply not destined to be pushed around corners and figure eight setups the way they did.
Although, the acceleration figures were amazing!

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I think the tests were absurd. :rolleyes:

These are vehicles simply not destined to be pushed around corners and figure eight setups the way they did.
Although, the acceleration figures were amazing!
Totally absurd - but fun. Could be useful if you are a Russian oligarch and need to escape the pursuing NATO forces ....:eek:
Regards,
B

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I certainly need to agree with you Michel and your remarks. To take it further, if one was to be totally objective, you really have to ask yourself what is the point in measuring acceleration times over ANY speed range, but particularly from nought to a hundred because, after all, how often does one engage in that sort of test on an everyday basis ? Furthermore, in around about sort of way, what is the point in manufacturers building cars with engines that will dispose of the 0-100 times in 3.9, 4.3, even 5.9 seconds when Governments hammer us for safety, reduction in road tolls, cameras (both speed and redlight) everywhere, long range laser speed cameras - in other words, the whole gambit of penalizing us as soon as we turn our heads.

What I liked about the test was the willingness of the testers to cast a critical eye over the interiors, the furnishings, and the internal features of these cars. After all, isn't that what the well to-do primarily pay for? On that score, I give the testers full marks in differentiating between two absolute pinnacles of car manufacture. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I certainly need to agree with you Michel and your remarks. To take it further, if one was to be totally objective, you really have to ask yourself what is the point in measuring acceleration times over ANY speed range, but particularly from nought to a hundred because, after all, how often does one engage in that sort of test on an everyday basis ? Furthermore, in around about sort of way, what is the point in manufacturers building cars with engines that will dispose of the 0-100 times in 3.9, 4.3, even 5.9 seconds when Governments hammer us for safety, reduction in road tolls, cameras (both speed and redlight) everywhere, long range laser speed cameras - in other words, the whole gambit of penalizing us as soon as we turn our heads.

What I liked about the test was the willingness of the testers to cast a critical eye over the interiors, the furnishings, and the internal features of these cars. After all, isn't that what the well to-do primarily pay for? On that score, I give the testers full marks in differentiating between two absolute pinnacles of car manufacture. Regards Styria
Acceleration is to some extent academic - but neither of these would sell if their 0-100 kph times were something like the 10s mark.
One may not be able to use the available power but there is the perception that it is available if one could. Perception counts.
Regards,
B

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
How beautiful is this ? Extremely. Gorgeous green colour, lovely two tone combination. Will have a look at the interior directly. Regards Styria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mHEEa3SD4

N.B. I don't think that I have ever seen a more beautifully designed and crafted steering wheel. Man and his craft are beyond belief.

Last edited: