1933 Packard twelve roadster

More threads by motec 6.9

Styria

The Godfather
Now this is one of my dream cars I love old Packard's from the early 30's http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1067334

Geoff, the name is right, the number of cylinders should excite every one, but in this instance I am afraid that I find the shape quite boring, less than pretty, lacking in elegance of any description - so, that's my assessment. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the Packards, but not this one.

It reminds me a little bit of a two door Australian bodied Ford, the only one of two, if not the only one in Australia, and it carried off THE major price of some concours in Melbourne only just within the last twelve months. The owner reckons it owes him, or maybe he would want $100K. if selling, and to be honest, if that car was offered to me on the proviso of having to maintain owneship, I wouldn't even pay $2K. - in fact, I wouldn't want it at all. Regards Styria

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Cadillac made about 650 OHV V16's, during the early 1930's.
There are actually THREE of them in Sydney that I know of:
a tourer (regular visitor to Shannons Eastern Creek),
a coupe, and a
Madame X limousine. This car appeared at the Sydney Shannons auction about four years ago.

I have also seen a later model (1940) side valve V16 limousine at Eastern Creek, about three years ago.
With the later model engine, the inlet manifolds are located where you would normally find the exhaust manifolds, and the exhaust manifold was ON TOP, where you would expect to find the induction system.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And the engine chassis I told you about that was for sale in S.A in 2009 on carpoint . It was the earlier OHV .

Styria

The Godfather
I personally like the sedans or phaetons but seeing as this on is for sale I thought I would post it. My opinion was a Packard V12 is a dream car not actually this car. If this was a V12 http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=1067475

Geoff, this one is a bit more to my liking. BTW, did those cars come with those huge sidewalls back in the '20s and '30s ? I wouldn't mind knowing. Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes they did cars before WW1 in America could even have White tyres.:)