Search results

  1. Oversize

    W126 Additional Wood Trims

    You can thank me later..... http://www.maderaconcepts.com/NewSite/VehiclePages/vehicle_images/mercedes_benz/AMGStyleDoorTrimPanels.htm
  2. Oversize

    560SEL Trans & Diff

    When it arrived: As it is today:
  3. Oversize

    560SEL Trans & Diff

  4. Oversize

    560SEL Trans & Diff

  5. Oversize

    560SEL Trans & Diff

    A truly sad end to a once sensational car.... As I found it at the wreckers:
  6. Oversize

    96 w140 s280

    Very nice looking car you got there! Congrats and well researched!
  7. Oversize

    Someone's selling their collection....

    No way mine's ending up this way!! http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=151360011992&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:AU:3160
  8. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    At a guess I'd say the mods of MB 5sp, ECU, GV OD, custom bellhousing and driveshaft, plus Quaif diff would not leave any change from $14K! Ouch! :eek:
  9. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Here's the link but no word on ratios: http://shop.quaife.co.uk/quaife-mercedes-limited-slip-diff-kit-for-sel-class-116-450-se-450-sel
  10. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    What diff ratios do Quaife offer?
  11. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Yes but how much would that all cost by the time you get the trans, overhaul it, buy a GV, modify it to fit (at both ends), plus buy an ECU?
  12. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    The only question with that config is what final drive to use....
  13. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Personally I like the idea of this one: Torqueflite 48RE 2.45 1.45 1.00 0.69 na na na 2.21 610+Nm Just add a GV for an 8 speed trans!!
  14. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Going by the ratios a 6.3 would rev even higher than a 6.9 at 100kmh. What's your 6.9 doing (RPM) at 100kmh Motec?
  15. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    I just had to post all that to include all the detail I could. There's no way I'd go back to a 6.3 box for a 6.9... The only problem with GV is weight and fitting it into the tunnel. That's why a all-in-one box is a better option if one can be found that will work without major headaches and cost
  16. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Here's a transmission comparison chart I prepared earlier in Excel but I can't work out how to post the file so here's just a copy/paste: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 R Torque Rating Diff Ratio 6.3 3.98 2.46 1.58 1.00 na na na 500Nm 2.85 6.9 2.31 1.46 1.00 na na na na 500Nm...
  17. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Description of Operation, Auto Trans 722.3 (W4A040) dated 11/85. I wonder if the trans type is stamped, or cast anywhere on the housing? The 40 does indicate Max input torque in Nm, as mentioned earlier in this thread by ctmaher. The ratios are: 1st 3.68 2nd 2.41 3rd 1.44 4th 1 Reverse 5.14 I...
  18. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Regarding the 6.3 diff: 2.82:1 or 2.85:1, depending on the exact generation.
  19. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    With a lower 1st gear and final drive, plus a lighter weight, it's obvious why the 6.3 is quicker. Mark Be careful with changing rear axle ratios. I had a customer here with a Euro 6.9 that was bored out to a 7.3, custom pistons, etc... Anyway, it also had a 3.07:1 rear axle ratio in it and...
  20. Oversize

    6.9 Transmission Upgrade

    Well the goal isn't complex, but the solution certainly is! I want better acceleration than the 6.3 (and many other cars on the road)! Changing the final drive (diff) alone would go a long way towards that goal, but it would also reduce the top speed. I then got thinking about the...
Top