We get What we pay for

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
BCS Cans and Wurth Silver Wheel paint both from Germany and a perfect match for our C Class W204 10 year old Cars....... The white paint is a perfect match, painting the rear bumper. Takes the Clear without a reaction as the paint from Super cheap did. Not a perfect job but from a couple of Meters back it looks good. $500 to paint the Bumper on a 10 year old Car .. no thanks.!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
B $500 to paint the Bumper on a 10 year old Car .. no thanks.!

You're obviously going to the wrong body shops.
Why don't you give Jerry (or me) a call? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Cost benefit Michel....... Jerry wanted $500 for a simple repaint of the Bumper, just to clean it up. No damage. Ditto Alloy Wheels. I'm not interested in a concourse Car. ...!0 year old daily Drivers whether it be around the City or getting sand blasted on Country roads. Not worth one Cent more .. as long as a car is reliable and in safe condition....:) who cares what neighbours think !!!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Cost benefit Michel....... Jerry wanted $500 for a simple repaint of the Bumper, just to clean it up. No damage. Ditto Alloy Wheels. I'm not interested in a concourse Car. ...!0 year old daily Drivers whether it be around the City or getting sand blasted on Country roads. Not worth one Cent more .. as long as a car is reliable and in safe condition....:) who cares what neighbours think !!!

I'm surprised that Jerry quoted you that much for a simple respray... (that includes rubbing back, priming, base coat and clear - obviously not from Super Cheap :eek:

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Sean,
I read all your posts regarding things that need to be done with your cars.
You like to keep them in good order.

I find your post surprising.

Last edited:

Helmet

Connoisseur
Can’t image what it looks like after being attacked by so many pressure pack spray cans :eek:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
It looks quite ok to my eyes. Our two 2010 C Class Cars are two different animals.
The C250 has recently had Suspension Links , Sway bar links and steering Rack ball joint end replaced and now needs a wheel bearing ..where as the C200 is still ok... both have the same mileage. I put t down to the harsh ride of the 18 inch wheels and Tires . I'm looking for some 17 inch wheels to smooth out the Rde quality.:)

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Front Suspension woes are down to annoying knocks ( not rattles ) over slow speed bumps.I know noise travels and are often hard to pin down, still chasing.:confused:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Ah , it has just occurred to me that the two people who don't admire my Paint handy work are the professional Workshops in our ranks. But from a couple of metres ;)back it is no so bad !

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ah , it has just occurred to me that the two people who don't admire my Paint handy work are the professional Workshops in our ranks. But from a couple of metres ;)back it is no so bad !

It's got nothing to do with admiring Sean. (please don't be offended because it was never my intention).
We've all tried the pressure pack way at some stage and it never lasts. :eek:

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
No problems Michel.... Hopefully the Wurths Wheel Silver will be ok as I understand that it is a German Formula O.E. specifically for Mercs.. Audis ..etc.
The White paint is also German and a perfect match to the factory paint, even though it is new to old. The car that has spent most of its life in our garage helps.
And yes I appreciate your response.

Styria

The Godfather
Well Sean, I won't knock what you have done. You've made it quite clear that the car is a bit of a "work about" car (new terminology !:D) and probably didn't justify the $500.00 quoted by Jerry. It's all relative to the time factor and the amount the time is charged for.

If all fails, you can always start again - I have found that "Proper" Pressure packs can last well and give you a more than reasonable finish. A few yers ago I got caught with a professional painting a set of Bundts with what could only be described as inferior quality, and Parks and myself started afresh with those wheels and painted them in 2 pack Silver. I daresay that the owner of that car would still be over the moon, even five or six years on. His 6.9 is one of the very best in Australia. I would be reluctant to use Pressure Pack on wheels as they take an absolute hammering from all kinds of road conditions, and I may have advised you at the time to 2 pack rather than Pressure Packs. I still maintain that attitude as far as wheels are concerned. Regards Styria

Last edited: