Pay Pal

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I always use this method as there are records and protection if a problem arises
Today I traced a purchase (Dec 11 ) of a Pressure Washer still under Warranty via Pay Pal When I found the transactions seller they :D had no contact nos... Phone or emails. Pay Pal records to the rescue !! I was able to contact Karcher directly.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Nice work Sean.

PayPal is also my primary payment method, as they also guarantee who you buy from, so if anything should go wrong, PayPal may refund you before the seller.

We also only use PayPal for all overseas travel bookings.

abl567

Super Moderator
Agreed, PayPal and AMEX are a powerful combination.
I recently had to buy a battery for my forklift, no luck at SuperCheap or Repco so I googled the code and found it at AutoBarn, $129 click and collect.
Paid by PayPal with my AMEX and I'd activated a Amex offer, $20 credit when you spend $20 or more, up to $320 credit. So I bought a solar panel charger to keep my mower charged. $54.99 click and collect.
Picked them up, great products, convenient service.
Next day I checked my AMEX account and there it was, a credit of $180 for a $183.99 spend. So a credit of $20 for EVERY $20 spent up to $320 :)
I checked the T & C's of the offer and it was legit.
Next day I bought a battery charger for $239, and the credit of $140 was applied to my AMEX.
That was my $320 credit received.
$422.99 retail purchase, $62.99 charged to my card and 2.25 points for every dollar spent, pre credits!
This is not a paid advertisment:cool:

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
You certainly hit the jackpot Anthony. The PayPal facility is great. There is a Rover Parts supplier in England that refuses PayPal transactions - sure enough for obvious reasons as I would discover and it was with a certain amount of difficulty that I managed to have the merchant meet his obligations.

Luckily enough it ended well but it took several overseas phone calls to achieve a satisfactory outcome. Regards. Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes , we all need a Big Brother to stand up for us..... As an individual we have little clout with suppliers...... but when Pay Pay gets into the act they take notice.:)

abl567

Super Moderator
On the issue of clout with suppliers never forget the power of negative, even scathing reviews on facebook and google reviews. (So longs as they are genuine and justified)
Bad reviews are near on impossible to remove and people do take notice of them when looking for vendors.