Tire Kickers

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Interesting how all the scavengers come out of the woodwork in response to a For Sale Sign on my SL. Three so far, all just interested in stealing the car, and not particularly interested in any detail , just a "steal" price. I suspect they were all small time home un- licenced Dealers. The Sale sign comes off today,......... I don't need this sort of agro.

.............Sean

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, it looks as though you have just discovered the 'other sort' of buyer or, shall we say, interested party ? However, look all is not lost - you need to let the world outthere know that your car is for sale. There may always be just 'that person' that will be prepared to strike a deal. So, don't give up and stick to your guns. Regards Styria

N.B. Have you considered posting some decent pictures on TK ? It costs you nothing, and I do believe (hopefully) that there is more than one person or guest that visits the site each day. Worth a thought - Photobucket conveys some excellent pictures.

Last edited:

Helmet

Connoisseur
Sean, you only need that one to come along , if they are making offers means they want the car, make a counter offer with your best price and hold you ground.

Cheers

Ps: in Australia it's tyre :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Sean,

You know where my place is.
Just bring the SL one sunny day after a decent wash and waccum and i'd be glad to take good quality pics for you.
I would even help you set up a photo bucket account if you wish (free):p

abl567

Super Moderator
My experience has been the same Helmet, a couple of years ago I had a W202 for sale, after many low ball offers a "buyer" came along and offered half asking price, I rejected that, took $200 of my asking and stood my ground, 90mins later, yes an hour and a half, he bought it for my price, in cash. Hard work but I got my price. Recently i sold a Lexus RX350 for my brother in law, same outcome. Hold your ground and tell the low ballers to go away, NOW!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
:confused: Thank you Gents for your good advice. I know sometimes the most un lightly Buyers turn up out of the Blue. Though my assessment of a good car is it's mechanicals ..... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One guy loved the car ... best he dad seen in six months of looking ... but his wife didn't like the colour ! he was not allowed to buy it !
The car is advertised in the February issue of Unique cars, which I believe will reach the widest audience. I'll see how this month goes before I look beyond.

Sean

BenzBoy

Grand Master
You can do "Park and Sell" with Shannons. I know you are not keen on their auctions but it is a way of reaching a very wide audience and if you have a reserve then you will ensure it does not sell for less than your bottom line.
There are some places that sell on consignment but the ones I know of I would strongly advise against.
I'm happy to say more off-line.
Regards,
Brian