The peterson museum

More threads by c107

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Thank you Bryce,

I am planning to go there next week! ;)

sean sherry

Master
Bring back "Gilltraps" I say. They were on the Gold Coast many years ago and had the only "live" Car Museum I have seen.:D:D:D Each day they would start and parade a different Veteran Car between two Grand Stands. Always a reason for return visits.

260ebenz

Master
Bryce thanks very much for the link to the Peterson museum and what a superb collection of automobiles on display!

Cheers.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Bring back "Gilltraps" I say. They were on the Gold Coast many years ago and had the only "live" Car Museum I have seen.:D:D:D Each day they would start and parade a different Veteran Car between two Grand Stands. Always a reason for return visits.

Whatever happened to Gilltraps?

sean sherry

Master
Ah, so you remember them Michel.. I seem to recall that they closed the doors in the late sixties I was living in Brisbane then, and somewhere in the back of my mind, perhaps the collection went to New Zealand from whence they came ??????? do you also remember the small museum at Watsons Bay and Greens out past Liverpool on the old Hume Hwy. They both catered for the Pre War Era

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ah, so you remember them Michel.. I seem to recall that they closed the doors in the late sixties I was living in Brisbane then, and somewhere in the back of my mind, perhaps the collection went to New Zealand from whence they came ??????? do you also remember the small museum at Watsons Bay and Greens out past Liverpool on the old Hume Hwy. They both catered for the Pre War Era

I have never been to Giltraps, but I knew the name very well.
Didn't see the museum at Watsons Bay, but I have seen Green's old museum --at Casula if I recall well.