The learning Curve

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
It never stops even after 84 years !!... Two problems on our W240 C Class CGI Turbo Cars. One sorted by the Internet information. The C 250 was sluggish compared to our C 200. Reset the ECU by disconnecting the Negative Terminal for 15 minutes. It resets itself going back to how it left the Factory. A very noticeable lift in performance up through the gears. Second issue was that the C.D. insert window would not open to insert a Disc. I recalled having to hold a button down for a few seconds to do something else. Held the eject button down and then hit select on the main control knob. A result. Tricks of the trade i hear you say.:D

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I also learned this week from an ex Mercedes Workshop mechanic that our C Class mercs have a Battery check function. That is if the Battery does not give the answer the check function is looking for the computers won't shut down when parked. Hence the flat Battery as the ageing ( 18 months) incorrect Battery had to be replaced with the correct German Varta. :(