Suspended Properly

More threads by BAR

B

BAR

Well having felt the need to get the front end of my 450 in order for some time and having several discussions with Styria, I finally had the brown beast taken to Penninsula Prestige Autos at Narrabeen.

Roland put in all new bushes at the front end [even the subframe] and also tightened up the slack in the steering box. The cost was exceedingly reasonable considering that he used only factory parts. At the same time he fitted a new hydraulic lifter [cost for the part was only AUD 57 which I think is very inexpensive[.

What a huge difference this has made to the feel on the road [not to mention that it tracks straighter and truer]!

The regrettable side is that having had the car taken there on a flatbed lift tow vehicle, I thought all would be safe. Not to be. The operator managed to damage the plastic grill inserts, yes he did a proper job and got both sides welll and truely.

So Styria, help.... can you provide relacements and a new fan as my viscous clutch has frozen. It really roars when at motorway speeds!

abl567

Super Moderator
Hi BAR,
Having just replaced the rubber bits under the front and rear of my 6.3 I know what you mean with the transformation in the handling :D

Regarding the damage, write a letter to the tow company with your gripes and make a claim, be nice and you will be surprised how easy it is to be compensated.