surplus to requirements

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Virus Time for us means lockdown and disposing of one Car...Wife's Shopping.
C 200 CGI 2010... Log Book Service 78000 Ks Last year New German Varta Battery...Automatic Transmission Service... Brake Fluid and Pads..Tires about 45/50 %. Register till February 2021.
Usual Kerb Rash Alloys....... a dent in rear Quarter Panel
l Will sell for best offer. Spread the word Thanks

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Of course I could just hand in the plates and cancel the insurance , then let the car sit and rot. But not good for the car.:eek:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Good morning Sean - perhaps some more details about the car and the anticipated price range would help. Do you have photos?
Now is not a good time to sell so perhaps even just put it away for 6 months or so until, hopefully, the market improves?
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Ok cool.
Didn’t know we could / should do this here.

But I guess it’s difficult times.

Sean,
Yes more info please and pics.
I will pass it onto all my contacts.

Last edited:
OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Thanks Brian....Classic in White... value perhaps in the low teens ?
Cancelling the Rego can be a pain... but a 90% refund on the Insurance could be achieved as the car is in a locked garage allways. Food for thought.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Thanks Brian....Classic in White... value perhaps in the low teens ?
Cancelling the Rego can be a pain... but a 90% refund on the Insurance could be achieved as the car is in a locked garage allways. Food for thought.

Shannon’s do laid up cover for classics. Not sure for moderns but maybe worth a check.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Gentlemen,
Prices are in freefall so be warned you may be disappointed if you want to sell. Unless it is absolutely necessary to sell now, you may find it worth waiting for 12 to 18 months. It is only my opinion of course and I could be wrong but I fear not.
Regards,
Brian

Patrick_R

Grand Master
I fully agree with you Brian.
Nothing is selling at the moment.

It’s listed for free on gumtree, so it may as well just sit there in case someone is looking, and has a few spare $$$.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Prior to this I have never taken much notice of the A3 drophead but on carsales there are some relatively low mileage examples at quite attractive prices. And some with a manual box. One might find a bargain.
Regards,
Brian

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
It may end well as Daughter Cathy is interested for her Daughter Sarah, third Year Medical Science Student at Sydney Uni. A far better choice, as a lot of Parents put their children ib dreadful death traps. We'll see.
:D

Patrick_R

Grand Master
That would be a terrific result Sean.
She would love drivingbin a very safe car like that.

Brian,
A really nice car to drive with that typical Audi build quality.
Very sporty, and mine which has the 1.8 TFSI is very quick, and very economical as well.

The 2.0L is a licence loser, very very quick car.

Just be sure you check the Takata airbag site, as a lot of Audi of this vintage were effected.
Also be sure a recent recall has been done regarding a pressure regulator in its dual clutch transmission.
If you find a manual, then no issue :D

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
All is well . we have given the C Class to our Granddaughter. She will now be relatively safe on the Roads ! As she can't conduct her full Licence Test at this time,:D so we will keep the car in our locked Garage and cancel the Comp. Ins.

c107

and 111/116/124/126
All is well . we have given the C Class to our Granddaughter. She will now be relatively safe on the Roads ! As she can't conduct her full Licence Test at this time,:D so we will keep the car in our locked Garage and cancel the Comp. Ins.

Sounds like a good outcome for everyone.
Probably not a great idea to have all the tyre kickers coming to your house at this time.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Point taken re insurance.... But I have always believed that we cannot insure ourselves from every drop of rain that falls. When we decide what excess to accept.. we are to some extent self Insuring... this is what I am doing. I'm not sure exactly what Third Party covers these days but I suspect not very much. Fire and theft is an extra and priced so high that Comp. is the only option. Mindful of Brian's comment that Insurance Companies are a Business full stop.:)

abl567

Super Moderator
There are also CTP (Green Slip) implications if comp insurance was nominated when the CTP was taken out.
As mentioned I have my Nieces 2016 Golf in my care at the moment. She is insuring on a month by month basis with one of the budgets, Youi, Budget direct? May be worth a look in.