Parking Sensors

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
Made in Spain for Kit car Mercedes ! .... Suspension arms made in Turkey etc
Eight Sensors on our W204....... one out all out ......The exact part number from the old one essential
Eg a ........0018 will not work needs a .......0417 Advertised by the model can be deceiving, they all look the same.
"Enique Star Service" has the Diagnostics to pin point the faulty Sensor. Then remove to read the P/No

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Time to trade Sean.
These cars are draining funds at a great rate of knots, so an upgrade might be best.

At your age mate, you should be fully enjoying your automotive experience.
Not a constant head f$#k worrying about what is going to fail next and leave me by the side of the road.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I have to agree totally with Patrick on that one.
The only thing I update an older car (If it was going to be my regular driver) is with the addition of a blue tooth for a hands-free telephone operation.
You want the latest mod cons... Update.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I have to agree totally with Patrick on that one.
The only thing I update an older car (If it was going to be my regular driver) is with the addition of a blue tooth for a hands-free telephone operation.
You want the latest mod cons... Update.
Ah I must set the record straight Gents...... The W204 c 250 has Blue tooth... seven Air Bags including a Knee A Bag. The same 5 star rating as the W205 ( Current Car )
Cost of maintenance, ie parts replaced to 90ks, $450 for Suspension Arms ( a known problem )
A couple of Varta Batteries, Brake Pads and one set of Tires.
Similar costs for our C 200. The Sensor frailer was due to a hit on the Bumper.. just paint damage.
Sensor from Mercedes $350, Chinese Sensors don't Work, Correct Used from the net $30 .
Both Cars perform like as new. Will see me into the Grave, as we say in Ireland !!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Ah I must set the record straight Gents...... The W204 c 250 has Blue tooth... seven Air Bags including a Knee A Bag. The same 5 star rating as the W205 ( Current Car )
Cost of maintenance, ie parts replaced to 90ks, $450 for Suspension Arms ( a known problem )
A couple of Varta Batteries, Brake Pads and one set of Tires.
Similar costs for our C 200. The Sensor frailer was due to a hit on the Bumper.. just paint damage.
Sensor from Mercedes $350, Chinese Sensors don't Work, Correct Used from the net $30 .
Both Cars perform like as new. Will see me into the Grave, as we say in Ireland !!
Looked on the Net citing the correct part No. B.S..... these sites list every Mercedes known to Man
The only ones that will work in our C Class are the Genuine Bosch Units ' I learnt the hard way.

Same with all the others ..... eg E Class ........18 class ........17....... Bosch........ identical to look at.
P.S.
After advertising C Class on three internet sites Zero enquiries... low end of the price scale with the lowest Ks.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Try again Sean, if you are still wanting to get rid of it.
I could not be bothered Patrick ... selling a Car can be a right PITA We don't need the money
Both Cars are a pleasure to Drive. If one of our adult Granddaughters ever gets round to obtaining a Licence we will give them the Car. But I don't blame them, as Car ownership in Sydney can also be APITA. I recall reading an NRMA comment that said, that with car use under 10,000Ks /year . it is cheaper to use Taxis. Now with UBER probably more so.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I have always been driven even as Michel says ( At my age ) The inoperative Parking Sensors was a case in point.... I just had to understand and fix them. I'll probably insist that my Coffin Lid is fitting property !!!!

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Now fixed.... but the Sensor now falls back in behind the Bumper !!!
According to Mercedes the clips in the plastic holding bracket are only good for two removals before they break off. It seems not a serviceable part. Internet suggested fix .. Hot Glue... I have such a Glue Gun used to pull out a panel dents Kit.
Mercedes ... "All that glitters is not Gold"

Styria

The Godfather
I have in my Bookmarks system a host of "do this" or "don't do this" on a number of the slightly more modern Mercedes Benzes - say 2002 to about 2012 - right ? My God, there are some real horror stories, but I try and refrain from posting them on TK as I don't want to be the proverbial knocker. I came across a 6.9 that has just been bought at auction for 31K., with a nice paint job, unregistered, but a good project if the owner spends some decent coin on it. Nowadays, it's difficult to find good, reasonably priced mechanics that can actually work on the older Benz models, such as the 108/109s, 116s and also the 126s. It's just a bit disappointing. Just my thoughts. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
I have found on the net ( was not easy) the Sensor Holder bracket. On order from the States Also a Sensor from China stamped with the correct PART NUMBER. Fingers crossed on both parts.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Good luck Sean.
At long last, Sensors all working.... Th correct holding fixture arrived which is attached by sticking onto the inside of the Bumper... only catch was that the Bumper has to be removed to have any hope of fitting.... Back to the strong Glue .Now nice and snug. A big learning curve, but no regrets. I now know how everything s Ticks.

Styria

The Godfather
I have always been driven even as Michel says ( At my age ) The inoperative Parking Sensors was a case in point.... I just had to understand and fix them. I'll probably insist that my Coffin Lid is fitting property !!!!
Sean my learned friend, make sure that the ventilation and the parking sensors of the coffin are fully operational. Sean, I love your contributions. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
... Sean my learned friend, make sure that the ventilation and the parking sensors of the coffin are fully operational. Sean, I love your contributions. Regards Styria
Received a Parking Sensor from China with the correct P/Number stamped on.
Will it work ? probably as Mercedes is a Kit Car with parts sourced world wide.
Original Sensors has Bosch stamped on, made in Spain, but did Bosch in turn have them made in "their " Chinese Factory ???
Remember the mid size 'Holden " which was an Opel made in Hungary.
Opel no more ... now Peugeot....... Car industry..... a moving target