Pagoda

More threads by Des

WGB

I know there are only two cars I am interested in buying one is a Pagoda and the other is an E-type Jag but I had never considered a 6.3 Pagoda.

Bill

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Wow. Imagine the insurance premiums.
I think I'd be too scared to drive it.

I recall when I was younger in Lebanon having a friend who worked as a mechanic for the Mercedes importer.

He convinced me to go halves with him in a 230SL to which he fitted a 3.5 MB V8.

I was not familiar with the mechanical side of things then, but all I can say is that it went like a bat out of hell... :p

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I have seen photographs some years ago of a 6.3 pagoda it the American Star magazine. It seems that there are now two of these vehicles.

Such a car would be nose heavy. In heavy braking, it would be a terminal understeerer, and an oversteer with too much throttle. It would have poor turn-in response to a swerve and recover manoevure.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
If you want to see a really professional job of re-engining a 560 SEC with a quad cam 500 engine, documented with a really professionally documented website posting:

Try W126 Club, W126 SEC page, M119 32 valve SEC.

There are 17 pages, with 98 photos , describing the re-build; it is well worth the read.

TJ 450

They were very thorough!

You would have to be very careful driving that one though.

Tim