Memnoch

More threads by motec 6.9

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Picture is from email. CNC Manufacturing is Melbourne .

Styria

The Godfather
What do you mean "not interested" - as I said, whipper snipper ready. However, I say this in all sincerity - I am just not technically minded enough to fully appreciate your efforts. As BenzBoy said - listening, touching, hearing....Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Current plan now check has been banked. Is to drop car at South Side Engines on the 23rd. I should have FrankenCIS WUR and 85mm throttle body by then. And then jump in a Taxi to Perth Airport and fly to Canberra and start looking for a place to live. Then Head up to Coffs Harbour for a while to see my Girls. Then return to Perth to organise move. Including cars . Even though 6.9 will still need cosmetics engine will be done.

Oversize

Grand Master
How long will the engine take to be rebuilt? Where are they getting specs from? I hope they're comfortable converting metric to imperial.... If you're changing cams, are you replacing the rocker arms with new ones; or is that unnecessary?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
They will replace everything that needs to be replaced. In this case I will leave the details to South Side Engines. As I have said before there is not a better engine machine shop in Perth. Other Engine builders get South Side to do there Machine work. They were willing to let me ask anyone who they have done work for. And no one in Perth at shows or Drags even circuit racing had a bad word about them. Other than they are expensive. But I guess to people doing belly button engines they are. But no one claiming Euro knowledge was anywhere near their price they were higher. Then I found out they sent parts to South Side. They will have my Camera and agreed to take pictures

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
First block of Billet has been cut on the Lathe this is the result so far. untitled50_zps3paisrja.png

Oversize

Grand Master
From what I can see (not much), it looks sensational! Ask them to send you future pix that aren't so compressed.... Microsoft Office Picture Manager gives 3 compression levels; Documents, Web Pages and E-mail messages. I select 'Documents' since it is enough compression to make transfers quick but also returns a large image. I'd suggest they're sending "E-mail Messages' compression level pics which sounds appropriate but the image size is far too small to be appreciated. And when that throttle is finished we'll all want to get a really good look at it!

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Don't worry when I get it. I will take Nikon pictures.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Is this better Mark IMG_20150312_090753%201_zps41xlkegt.jpg

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh WOW! What did you do???

Oversize

Grand Master
Hang on I need a bib to catch the drool....

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I played with settings. Prior was me being lazy . and posting strait from email.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Looking bloody good :cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Ok 3 throttle bodies have been machined . This is how they look at present 20150401_162917_zpszvczcroq.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I reiterate:

Looking Bloody Good :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I have brand new Bilstein Febi window rubbers and today ordered genuine ball joints tie rods and drag link for my 6.9 . So front end getting a birthday

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
when's the engine going to be done?

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hopefully its come out and been taken to South Side Engines. Will check after Easter.