Keeping contact

More threads by Jimb

Jimb

Distinguished
Hello again from Jimb (Jim)
It has been a rough month hopefully things. Will pick up.
Wife back in hospital dog also has had surgery. Robin's back operation went well was doing well for two weeks and it went downhill from there . Bladder shut own was in Wollongong public hospital for on end a half days,ended up with a catheter and a bag. Visited surgeon later that week and ended up back in Wollongong Private hospital where she remains , build up of spinal fluid around surgery has had it sucked out by a painfull needle in the back twice and there again some build up , providing it does not bulge she may be able to go home Monday. Still stuck with a bag for another month at least . Dog Bobo has had surgery on his eyelid to remove a lump (non cancerous) and is getting around with a lampshade around his head can't be walked till. He sees vet again next week . He loves his walks and I feel mean not being able to take him. Can't get much done because in and out of hospital visiting. I am looking forward to a better week. Kind Regards.Jim.

abl567

Super Moderator
Jim if there is anything I can do from afar please ask.

OP
J

Jimb

Distinguished
Hi abl567.
That is very kind of you I am managing OK thanks. It all seems totally unreal to me. In reality there are many people out there that have had to except all this as their normal daily routine. We are fortunate to have enjoyed a good run this far health wise. Hopefully things will progress in a positive direction next week.
Kind Regards Jim.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi Jim,

So sorry to read about Robin and Bobo.
Just like Ant, I offer any help I could provide.

OP
J

Jimb

Distinguished
Thank you Michel and Patrick.
I am sure there will be improvements soon.
Kind Regards Jim.

OP
J

Jimb

Distinguished
Thank you Brian and Bryce.
Robin back home today. Still has a catheter and bag for another month at least.
Not easy things to deal with. Bobo our dog goes back for a check up tomorrow won't get the stitches out till later in the week. So at least we are moving forward.
Kind regards.Jim.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
You need Bobo around, just to give a boost to your spirits, for both of you.
Give him support, and as dogs always do, he will love you back.
He will be the omen for the whole lot to be on the mend.

OP
J

Jimb

Distinguished
Hi SEL69L
You are right Bobo keeps me going he is 11 1/2 and he still drags me around like a rag doll. Dogs are a great benifit he is our 3 RD long term dog our Boarder collie lived to 14 had a gap for a few years then a German Shepard he lived to 13 then another gap before we got Bobo. We love dogs.
Kind regards Jim.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I kinda understand.
We got a dog from the RSPCA. My wife took pity on him, because he was the ugliest dog up for adoption. She thought nobody else would want him.
I was never a dog owner, so we just treated him like one of our kids.
No surprise that the dog acted like a 3 yr old. He became one of the family.
Only he lasted for 17 years
Died 14 years ago.
I still miss the blighter ! :(

So love Bobo with all of your heart - like I said - he will love you right back! ;)
Good for all three of you.