He is dreaming take 2

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

BenzBoy

Grand Master
It's not the price I object to. Some mug may pay it. No, it's the poor spelling and his inability to distinguish between "where" and "were" that make me suspect some issues....:D
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
What has the seller been smoking???
:eek:

That is a wind up for sure the two Holdens for sale seller has to be joking??
:confused:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
He'll get his money :rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
Personally, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would want to pay that sort of money for either of those cars. Just consider that you could buy the latest HDT 'Hotrod' for say about $100K. (and what a car it is), that would make it say half price for the new car.

Switch over to Mercedes and 6.9. The big 'S' class is probably about $350K., so using the same ratio as on the Holdens, the 6.9 should be worth about $700K. Well, I guess I'm dreaming, aren't I ? Just my opinion. Regards Styria.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Personally, I can't see how anyone in their right mind would want to pay that sort of money for either of those cars. Just consider that you could buy the latest HDT 'Hotrod' for say about $100K. (and what a car it is), that would make it say half price for the new car.

Switch over to Mercedes and 6.9. The big 'S' class is probably about $350K., so using the same ratio as on the Holdens, the 6.9 should be worth about $700K. Well, I guess I'm dreaming, aren't I ? Just my opinion. Regards Styria.

It's all a case of 'supply and demand'.

In these two instances, there is a demand and not enough supply, hence the (old) telephone number prices.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Michel in this case he is a dealer but he was not able to sell these cars earlier for $149990 and $129990 so a couple of months later re list them at $100000 and $70000 above there ealier price i dont think so . Not when all Australian Muscle car prices are in decline . Case in point the Classic Throttle shop has been dropping the price on the holy grail a XY GT http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car8.html the price has dropped over $40000 in the last couple of months :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
It's also the case that our economy is one sick puppy at the moment. if it weren't for the mining sector we would be officially in recession.
Most of us are hanging on to our money and not spending - and possibly, the balanced buget next month will make matters worse as it will fail to stimulate aggreggate demand. Yes, I am un-ashamedly a Keynsian economist....
Regards,
Brian

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian only joking Geoff

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
We've talked about lots of different things on this forum...

But I never thought we would be discussing economics, let alone the Keynesian and Neoclassical theories...

I never cease to be amazed :eek: :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
WOW Nice spelling lol

I wonder if its "Trent from Punchy"

http://youtu.be/0RjC-vh06_c
That is certainly not a Punchbowl accent (if there is such a thing) and the backdrop looks more like the Shire or Noth Shore. It seems to me to be a set-up to mock the good people of Punchbowl - and if so, it certainly does not get out of the gutter.
(Now you see why Styria says I'm a grump sod? :D)
Regards,
Brian

Tony66_au

Punchy has changed a fair bit over the years, the first time I visited it was mainly Italian and some Greek, the last time it was largely Asian.

Trent is a fabrication, a conglomeration of Westies, Houso's and tweakers but funny none the less.

The last time I went to Sydney I flew in and caught the train to Blackheath and got a good sample of humanity on the way, I have to say they are definitely different to Melbournians.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Punchy has changed a fair bit over the years, the first time I visited it was mainly Italian and some Greek, the last time it was largely Asian.

Trent is a fabrication, a conglomeration of Westies, Houso's and tweakers but funny none the less.

The last time I went to Sydney I flew in and caught the train to Blackheath and got a good sample of humanity on the way, I have to say they are definitely different to Melbournians.

Punchbowl is mainly Christian Lebanese with a minority of Asians...

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Geoff, you went to Blackheath ? How long ago ? We visited the place only just last weekend and I was utterly amazed at the atmosphere prevailing - very much lay back, but really with it in Balmain style - your share of yuppies, mostly well to do, nice pub with good food - it was quite an eye opener. Sould put some pictures up - not that I took that many. Lemme see what I can do. Regards Styria

Tony66_au

Hi Geoff, you went to Blackheath ? How long ago ? We visited the place only just last weekend and I was utterly amazed at the atmosphere prevailing - very much lay back, but really with it in Balmain style - your share of yuppies, mostly well to do, nice pub with good food - it was quite an eye opener. Sould put some pictures up - not that I took that many. Lemme see what I can do. Regards Styria

Why Yes Bob I did!

I actually went a ways out of Blackheath to see a man about a dog, it is fantastic country and I nearly bought a place up the road in the Bathurst direction.

I must say the public transport is good out of the Sydney CBD and the train station's at the airport is an idea we all should adopt.