Dora 2

More threads by Oversize

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Best n the worst parts:

The ATE front rotors are pre-coated grey and this coating does not need to be removed. Saves using thinners on the friction surfaces & protects the rest of the disc from corrosion in the future.

The suction hoses from the hydro tank were a PITA to match to any particular aftermarket size. One hose is the outlet for the tank and the other is the cooler to the pump. I believe these are metric sizes that could even be tapered from one end to the other. The tank outlet seems bigger than the cooler pipe inlet. Cooler pipe outlet to pump inlet seen the same size. Last time I checked the hoses were hideously expensive from MBA. They may even be NLA now. I had the same problem when I did the job on Silver Arrow, so it’s likely the 6.9s use the same hoses.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Dora is 1 of 4 known cars in the country that retains the S2 hydro suspension and the only car with the update interior and electric split rear seats. Very rare in Australia and I bet there’s few left worldwide.

The other know cars here are:

300hp navy update beige interior WA,
300hp black update grey interior split rear seats hydro removed Vic,
300hp grey pre-update grey interior QLD,
300hp ??? NSW, and
300hp black pre-update grey interior split rear seats ASR hydro removed ACT.

I’ve just obtained an electronic copy of the S2 hydro manual which I’m attempting to translate to English.

Last edited:

abl567

Super Moderator
Dora is 1 of 4 known cars in the country that retains the S2 hydro suspension and the only car with the update interior and electric split rear seats. Very rare in Australia and I bet there’s few left worldwide.

The other know cars here are:

300hp navy update beige interior WA,
300hp black update grey interior split rear seats hydro removed Vic,
300hp grey pre-update grey interior QLD,
300hp Impala Brown, Orthopedic front seats NSW, and
300hp black pre-update grey interior split rear seats ASR hydro removed ACT.

I’ve just obtained an electronic copy of the S2 hydro manual which I’m attempting to translate to English.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Thanks for the update! Any pix? I’m planning another thread with pix (regos removed).

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
This exhaust section is off a 500SEL, but is probably the same for 560SEL. Note the balance / crossovers in the kidney muffler section. Obviously left and right banks are not kept separate all the way to the outlets.
1_FBDB19_C-_EFB1-43_FB-9204-11405_EAF1_B3_F.jpg

4_DD8640_E-54_B0-47_BA-_B2_D3-783_B2_FD5_C1_BE.jpg

D635_CA8_A-_F95_A-48_FE-_B7_BD-_DAD5251_E1438.jpg

Interesting that the Centre kidney mufflers are similar to the rear mufflers on various newer cars. Ie transverse mount with two in two out at the centre. Maybe there’s a better replacement out there that will last longer??? More research needed...

c107

and 111/116/124/126
After all the work on this car I think it should be featured on the front page. As it happens, one of the cars on the front page has been sold so good timing to do a swap. Can you nominate a picture we can cut down to a small size to fit the box?

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Oh wow that’d be great! Maybe page 5 in the drive? Bonnet up or down your choice!

So who sold what???

BHW

Connoisseur
Oh wow that’d be great! Maybe page 5 in the drive? Bonnet up or down your choice!

So who sold what???
I vote bonnet down. It shows off her personality ;) In my opinion whilst bonnet up shows off your labor of love it detracts from her lovely lines. Kudos again :D

Yeah, who sold what??? My thoughts exactly :)

Last edited:
OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
What!!!!:eek:

Oh yes I agree bonnet down, especially since the lining is missing and that’s always fugly....

abl567

Super Moderator
RE which car, I will give you a hint. The currently least powerful car on the list is being replaced with what will be the most powerful.

So Tim has sold the 300SE? I've seen SOME evidence to support that theory...
Has he bought a 560? or a Veyron? :cool:

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Sounds like a new thread methinks?? Do I hear the sound of 8 cylinders???? :rolleyes:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Sounds like a new thread methinks?? Do I hear the sound of 8 cylinders???? :rolleyes:

Check out the front page.
Note I was talking about power on the front page, with a 300hp 560 now being the power leader.

It's up to Tim if he wants to reveal the car he plans to purchase. He can create a new thread if he is so inclined.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Check out the front page.
Note I was talking about power on the front page, with a 300hp 560 now being the power leader.

Niiiiiice 👍

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Dora’s replacement (and correct) speedo to be installed soon... Thanks to BHW for ensuring it got delivered safely from the USA.

6-F74-F8-E5-4502-449-D-A4-F8-04-FE53-C89-BED.jpg

FA3566-EA-E806-48-BA-A70-A-294-FD143756-C.jpg

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Out with the old & in with the new... Doesn’t look any different from a distance but chalk n cheese up close. Pending a wash and good polish.
7715-B1-BF-FFC5-4-E27-9034-87-BEE117916-A.jpg

D02344-C7-9-CD7-40-BC-A78-C-D6852-DACAA27.jpg

F428-DAAA-81-A8-408-D-86-DE-E680-F1-B8-C6-DB.jpg

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
The middle one is the new grille! Pity the upload order changes almost randomly!