Do I want it? A 6.9

More threads by BenzBoy

s class

Byzantine is best described as metallic pale orange.

Zypress-grun (cypress green) is more of an olivey darker green metallic

Citrus is bright limey green metallic

Ikon is as per benzboy's pics

s class

422-1.jpg

876zypresse.jpg

874citrus2.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ryan,

Thanks for posting the colours...

Definitly seventies...:D

Lukas

Well, it seems seems the addiction continues - I've committed to buy this car, and hopefully will get it transported to Canberra early next week. Was purchased sight unseen, but thanks to BenzBoy and his mechanic at Autohaus Strecker am fairly confident that I know what's wrong with it. Cam2 has also been doing some digging, so thanks for that also.

There will of course be pictures when it arrives. Plan is to work on it (as well as the blue 6.9 and the 350 and the garage itself) after I get back from o/s, and posibly pass it on to Cam2 after "SELfor50 stuns Stuttgart" happens sometime next year.

The gold exterior sounds OK, but the tan interior scares me too - this was one of the reasons I passed up Mercules' 450 - I just don't like that colour. Maybe it's because the inside of the Crumpledoor is tan. Gold-on-tan especially sounds a bit wierd. Anyway, we shall see.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well, it seems seems the addiction continues - I've committed to buy this car, and hopefully will get it transported to Canberra early next week. Was purchased sight unseen, but thanks to BenzBoy and his mechanic at Autohaus Strecker am fairly confident that I know what's wrong with it. Cam2 has also been doing some digging, so thanks for that also.

Congratulations....

Well done :D

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master

There will of course be pictures when it arrives. Plan is to work on it (as well as the blue 6.9 and the 350 and the garage itself) after I get back from o/s, and posibly pass it on to Cam2 after "SELfor50 stuns Stuttgart" happens sometime next year.

The gold exterior sounds OK, but the tan interior scares me too - this was one of the reasons I passed up Mercules' 450 - I just don't like that colour. Maybe it's because the inside of the Crumpledoor is tan. Gold-on-tan especially sounds a bit wierd. Anyway, we shall see.

Leaving aside the Ikon Gold and Tan combo (well, actually it is a classical one in a 1970s way), the car is OK. Not perfect but from what I know of it and have seen over the last 2 years or so, well worth the effort. Goodluck and enjoy.
Regards,
BenzBoy
PS: I like Tan leather interiors but maybe that shows my increasing age.

Styria

The Godfather
The colour in Mercules' 450 is, in fact, orange bamboo. First time I have seen this thread (please forgive my ignorance) and I am asking - has "Grease Monkey" bought the car and where does he get all the money from ? :D

Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The colour in Mercules' 450 is, in fact, orange bamboo. First time I have seen this thread (please forgive my ignorance) and I am asking - has "Grease Monkey" bought the car and where does he get all the money from ? :D

Regards Styria

Godfather.......:confused:
What's GreaseMonkey has to do with it:eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Well, must be Lukas then - my God, I must be getting tired. Anyway, where is he getting all that money from ? ...if it's not Grease Monkey - bless them both. Night, night.....Styria

SELfor50

Congrats on the Purchase young skywalker!! :cool:

"SELfor50 stuns Stuttgart" will indeed be a movie event, not to be missed!!! ;)

Look forward to seeing the beast...

Cam2.

Lukas

Me too. I also just figured out the Skywalker thing - and it's only Thursday.

Delivery is expected on Tuesday - will be landing at Lukas' Wide World of w116es (my house) - too long for parents garage, feel bad dumping it with Cam2s folks, and also don't want to have to get a permit to move it anywhere later on.

As for the money - the mortgage has a redraw facility:)

Thing is, if this car is as described, then it will again raise the bar in terms of "6.9 bang for buck" stakes, so any future cars will have to be even better value.

By the way, saw a mint condition 6.9 on some German website last night for EU32,000.00 - maybe they are going up and I can call it an investment?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
By the way, saw a mint condition 6.9 on some German website last night for EU32,000.00 - maybe they are going up and I can call it an investment?

Values in Europe are certainly way higher than anywhere else and especially here :(

Last edited: