dare to resist

More threads by WiSeGuYY

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, I am looking, and looking, and thinking, and thinking hard, and I am quite amazed. I share Michel's thoughts on the red, especially as you would like to re-create a replica of the original racer. If you are planning to go along that route, I guess you need to make sure that you are able to fit all the ancilliaries as on the original car. In addition, would you want to keep the signwriting as well, or would it be just plain red?

The idea of a modern power plant is fantastic, as long as you have competent mechanics to carry out the work. You will also need to keep in mind differential ratios and if they would be compatible with the gearing of the new engine and transmission. I see you have already bought some quite significant parts - I am curious about your sources, and also curious regarding labor costs in Egypt when relating to the work on this project. Regards Styria

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HEY , THANKS BILL & GODFATHER for helping brain storming but i decided for the red ( I know silver is more conservative but if the car is red will be the one and only in the country) and it is apealing , only i wonder what people say if i happen to drive it.mid age crisses they will say LOL.

About the sources of spare parts here are mainly from cars cut in europe and the states and imported as parts ( not allowed to import cars older than 1-2 years i think) but parts is ok.
sure it will be hell to find parts for 1968 W108 and the other 1975 W116 but it is fun , labour cost is already a nightmare but i'm already in this path and turned down twice last week.
had to take them back yesterday after i thought i made a fair deal , when they saw the picture of red pig they retreat.

Godfather i don't know about defrential still but please note it is equiped with diesel engine of 5cylenders 3.0 liter, my mechanic said the gasoline engine i'm thinking of is not heavier than my existing one.

most mechanical parts i will use must be benz products or original like ATE , BELSTEIN , BOSCH or HELLA we have them here
the car in this stage for color stripping and talking with few for the interior to be redone ( it was MB TEX and i'm keeping same material) if i go for leather than i'm not sure extra money i will need plus i prefer to put the money in something more useful, A/C they sure want to put the new motor before being able to install A/C in here, mean they can't rely on the diesel engine.
p.s i never drove diesel before .

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

ohh about the signs , thinking of scan and order on venile prints and put on the body .

i'm open for ideas.

REGARDS.

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi WGB ( BILL) i keep thinking of ALL the way but honestly i can't , i can't build a racer , where to drive it? just want to build a modern RED PIG with original MB parts which i can afford and get from available sources , i want to follow JOE BRASILE & charlie from other forums . same cocept but not same investments .

i hope i can have a a nice looking car but god knows .

TAREK

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
A 300 SEL 6.3 was actually considered for racing at Bathurst back in about 1975, but the Confereration of Australian Motorsports refused to allow it to race.

Pity. It would have actually raced against the GTHO Fords.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

PITTY , i have not read anything about this story SEL 69L can you please send a link or info about this?
Thanks in advance.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

here is today update , seats are out to the shop and the engine ( diesel ) have been photo shoot.albums.png
albums.pngIMG00147-20110703-1219.jpg

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Here is UNDER the Hood photo of the RED PIG , it said it is the LIMO engine modified by AMG bacf2b07d50c4f5c5a54aa0efe4783a9.jpg

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, thanks for bringing us up to date on progress. Certainly interesting photos. The under bonnet picture of the "Red Pig" is different to what I have seen elsewhere - I think ! If I remember correctly, the 'other version' seemed to have the fuel lines for the injection pump and injectors over the top of the rocker covers. Maybe there is another version of that engine, and I also believe that the AMG 6.3 had been modified to 6.8 liters. Regards Styria

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Dear GODFATHER , you are correct about that the 6.3 engine have been modified to 6.8 , i did read this somewhere online ( DIE ROTE SAU) but i never saw a red pig in life ( only youtube videos).

REGARDS

TAREK