dare to resist

More threads by WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi all , again i feel the itche to post photos of my day dreams.
would love to see the smile of your face.
p.s those are not mine but would love to have.how it started
300seawm_0.jpg

and here are how they do it today

472713_815832_7228_5428_112968007a423.jpg

hope you like it as much as i do

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I am sure abl567 can give us a good explanation about the 'red' one :p

Last edited:

abl567

Super Moderator
Ahh, the story of the "Red Pig"
The car pictured is a replica, the original car was sold to a aircraft firm and the wheelbase extended with a rig inserted in the middle to test aircraft tyres at speed. I believe it was destroyed at the end of its usefull life. I have a pic somewhere of the modified car and will post it when I find it.
In the mean time here is a reprint of an article from the Lodestar, the M-100 group magazine

Attachments

• theredpig.pdf
    490.6 KB · Views: 15

Styria

The Godfather
There you go. Thanks to abl567, he has actually provided info that I wasn't aware of, talking about the fact that it was scrapped etc. etc. The question I have is this : Weren't there two racers that AMG built ? If so, where is the other one.I believe there could be one in the Benz museum in Stuttgart. Am I correct ?

When you look at the pic. that Tarek posted, is it any no wonder that one could go "ga ga" over it - it is classic in shape and looks, and just about the ultimate of Touring Car racing history. You'll always pick the Benz in any crowd of cars. Mind you, they did have to go to Macao to win a race, against some mediocre opposition, but that's part of the folklore. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
I wonder how the Red Pig would've gone against the racing version of the XY GTHO???? Now that's a race I'd pay good money to see!!!!! :D:D It's chances would have to be improved without all those driving lights! :rolleyes:

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi ALL , now i officially added a W108 to my collection ( pictures will be posted very soon) i have now a silver PIG and want to do some poll about what to do about the color and really i'm interested in your advice ( The GODFATHER , MICHEL, WBG , ABL , MARK and TONY ) of course all my other freinds in here are welcome to make thier point of selecting the color .

i am confused of KEEPING it SILVER or redo another RED PIG

the one i got is 250 s but equiped with 3 liter 5 cylender diesel engine .

another delema ifi keep it or put a streight 6 L 3.0 model 91 almost brand new to give the power i want.

Experts of topklasse welcome to advice , the more the better .

REGARDS

TAREK

CraigS

There you go. Thanks to abl567, he has actually provided info that I wasn't aware of, talking about the fact that it was scrapped etc. etc. The question I have is this : Weren't there two racers that AMG built ? If so, where is the other one.I believe there could be one in the Benz museum in Stuttgart. Am I correct ?

There is, but I believe it is a recreation.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

hi craig ,
I saw few on youtube , but i didn't mean i will redo identical AMG RED PIG
with the same ENGINE , i meant a will use my W108 which bought as project to turn it to one similer to the racer version of AMG.

REGARDS.

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hi ALL , now i officially added a W108 to my collection ( pictures will be posted very soon) i have now a silver PIG and want to do some poll about what to do about the color and really i'm interested in your advice ( The GODFATHER , MICHEL, WBG , ABL , MARK and TONY ) of course all my other freinds in here are welcome to make thier point of selecting the color .
i am confused of KEEPING it SILVER or redo another RED PIG
the one i got is 250 s but equiped with 3 liter 5 cylender diesel engine .
another delema ifi keep it or put a streight 6 L 3.0 model 91 almost brand new to give the power i want.
Experts of topklasse welcome to advice , the more the better .
REGARDS
TAREK

Well done TAREK...
Mabrook and Congratulations!

It is hard for me to be unbiased in my choice of colours..

But only one comes to mind....

RED

DEVILLISH.jpg

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HEY MICHEL ,

Hope you are well , thanks for the advice , i will make it red ( marlboro RED ) but it is long way still , don't panic from the state it is on , just bought it 2 days ago with another blue W 116 ( which i will keep METALIC BLUE) .

here is photos of the W108
IMG00135-20110703-1210.jpg

here is another pic
IMG00134-20110703-1210.jpg

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

my photobucket skills are very poor , and WBG is not around to help again, so i will post them again so sorry
ATTACH]
[/IMG]

hope it works this time

REGARDS
TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It doesn't look that bad Tarek.
Quite nice...

And your photobucket skills are pretty good :D

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Thanks for beeing kind MICHEL & BRIAN , but i'm dreaming of a RED PIG since i can't recall ( maybe 30 years or more ) and couldn't have the guts until i joined TOPKLASSE and meet you guys , i started 2 project at the same time , THE RED PIG & W116 which i finished the deal 2 days ago ( photos might come in another post ) but it might be same condition like this W108 but the favorite blue metalic with blue interior, and MICHEL i'm not changing the W116 color it looks very promessing.
BACK to RED PIG - i already bought few items - head lights 2 sets american and europian , dash board, another set of doors , new steering wheel and chrome around the glass, you can see i'm very hyper and buy all i can see i will need , now i'm trying for the 3.0 streight 6 model 91 ( looks like i will buy it if i can afford the price , they said it will need a lot of modifications ( radiator , automatic and wiring and the whole 9 yards.
the car will be stripped and take all seat out and i think i will listen to MICHEL , my fav version is RED exterior with BLACK interior , SO sorry BRIAN the deep dark red with champaine or this shade of silver can't compete with the RED PIG

REGARDS
TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
I wonder how the Red Pig would've gone against the racing version of the XY GTHO???? Now that's a race I'd pay good money to see!!!!! :D:D It's chances would have to be improved without all those driving lights! :rolleyes:

You need to remember Mark that this is probably the Spa 24 hour version, or livery we are looking at. Regarding 24 hours versus the Falcon GT - one can only speculate. The Falcon lasted the five hundred miles alright, twenty four hours may have proved differently. As a matter of interest, do any of us have underbonnet pictures of the "Red Pig", or other mechanical details. Regards Styria