Carpets!

More threads by Tony66_au

Tony66_au

On the slow road to tidying up the Green SEL I have to replace the carpets which are a mid olive green in colour.

Any clues where I can get such an item and preferably cheaper than usual??

Tony

Oversize

Grand Master
Parks???? :rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
At this point of time, Tony, Styria is the boy for your carpets. The situation is as follows: Get genuine from GAHH, and I can offer a genuine 20% off their retail price, plus cartage (no discount). What you will get will be 1st class quality foam backed carpet, which will fit well, but of course there is a fair bit of dismantling of trim involved for areas such as sill panels, under front seat, front quarter panels, knee rolls, and it would probably pay to remove the front seats, interior 'B' pillars - that's about it. Therei is a fair bit of work involved. Also, keep in mind that no one supplies the genuine MB sound proofing that is glued to the underside of the carpet supplied. GAHH are the most likely to have the correct colour.

If one wants Australian carpet, it has to be made up and fitted individually, with removal required of the various components as described in the first paragraph. The carpet will look good (please see Styria's 450 SE - thread), but the quality will, at best, be marginal. Australian carpet is just not in the same league, and the choice of colour is greatly limited. Tony, nothing like you require for your 450. Hope that helps. Of course, the cost of the carpet itself is cheaper, but one must allow for the trimmer to make up the carpets, unlike GAHH, who supply all individual pieces ready for fitting and already sewn up. Regards Styria

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Thanks Styria, I was hoping I could leave the knee rolls etc lol

My issue is country life and I admit to driving my SE in gumboots and my Wagon in same and as such I get sheep poo, red clay soil and dust plus whatever else makes its way into the car so the kick panels and knee rolls suffer as a result.

However I did have a good close look at the style of carpet and I am astonished at the quality!

Can you tell me what the carpets are made of? and a very rough guesstimate of the cost involved to purchase the GAHH item.

The reason Id like to know what the carpets are composed of is because I clean my interiors with my Pro Steam vac and if its natural fibre such as wool or felt you have to take precautions.

PM is fine BTW.

Thanks,
Tony