Battleship and a beautiful sunset!

More threads by 260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Next week it will be five years yes that long since I purchased my first ever Battleship in fact it will be the 30th May.

300SE purchased 30th May 2012 at Centential Park Sydney.

300SE built 28 years ago looking good for it's age you be the judge?
IMG_0967.jpg

IMG_0968.jpg

IMG_0969.jpg

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg

Last edited:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
Your car is in excellent shape and is a credit to you.

Not sure I get the battleship reference though. If you were trying to make a Naval reference I suppose 600 would be the battleship. I would be impressed if you could mount even a 5" naval gun to the W126, let alone the 8+ 15" guns and heavy belt armour of a real battleship.

Now this is a real battleship:

05_hms_warspite_entering_valletta.jpg

08_hms_warspite_normandy.jpg

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks Bryce.

Well then the Navy ship truly is a battleship mighty set of guns onboard as well.

Old joke between myself & Mat in regards to the W126 as a "Battleship".

Perhaps comparing my car to a Navy battleship is stretching it clearly the Navy ship wins that prize?

Cheers.

Styria

The Godfather
Thanks Bryce.

Well then the Navy ship truly is a battleship mighty set of guns onboard as well.

Old joke between myself & Mat in regards to the W126 as a "Battleship".

Perhaps comparing my car to a Navy battleship is stretching it clearly the Navy ship wins that prize?

Cheers.

......well. I am not so sure ! Mind you, there is no doubt that the condition of the car is a credit to you and your purse strings, but it's all relative. Timmy, if I remember correctly, did you not purchase your car from MB Spares ? Where does Centennial Park come into the equation ? Anyway, the car is an absolute credit to you. Regards Styria

BTW Bryce, aren't ships, trains and planes an absolute delight to admire, even for a young fellow like me ? Even the two pictures you posted are a visual delight. Not to forget Trams etc. etc.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Yes the 300SE was purchased from John Green at MB Spares.

Myself, John, Mat Kean, my Brother & Uncle did all met at Centential Park it was cold morning in Sydney.

As soon as I saw the 300SE drive up towards us I knew my heart was set on the car!

Inspect and test drove the car and drive back one happy man to Nelson Bay that was five years ago how time flies!
300_SE_2012_10.jpg

300_SE_2012_11.jpg

Last edited:

Styria

The Godfather
Timmy, puzzle solved. I need to confess that I am really partial to the exterior colour of the car - I think it's called "Sand", isn't it ? I did have a Holden Statesman in a similar colour and never got tired of admiring its shape and exterior colour. It also had a beautiful interior. Regards Styria

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Timmy, puzzle solved. I need to confess that I am really partial to the exterior colour of the car - I think it's called "Sand", isn't it ? I did have a Holden Statesman in a similar colour and never got tired of admiring its shape and exterior colour. It also had a beautiful interior. Regards Styria

Well one of many reasons why I purchased the 300SE sealed the deal the interior and exterior colour, kilometres travelled, service history and who was selling the car.

In fact I have the full service history for the car it is a plastic sleeve on the front cover it states the interior colour is Cream.

MB_Maintenance_Booklet.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

c107

and 111/116/124/126
BTW Bryce, aren't ships, trains and planes an absolute delight to admire, even for a young fellow like me ? Even the two pictures you posted are a visual delight. Not to forget Trams etc. etc.

Indeed. This particular ship is HMS Warspite the most decorated ship in Royal Navy history. Warspite was a Queen Elizabeth Class Battleship and served with distinction in both world wars.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Good evening well done it is five years since I bought the 300SE.

Goes without saying one happy man to be own/drive one of the finest Mercedes ever made!

I just wish my Dad Mel was still alive to see and to enjoy a drive in the 300SE he would love that!

Here's to many more years of happy motoring!
:)